When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle Alley

-

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
Whenever I travel, I like to go to the local bike shops. Sacramento has a few good ones. Unfortunately the cost of keeping a shop open often drives the owners out business. There was a guy named Mike in SAC that had to close up shop. It was called Vintage Bikes, or maybe he was called Vintage Mike. I don't remember. He's outta biz though. All those closed up shops should reopen on Bicycle Alley.
IMG_2831.JPG

One shop in town that is still open is College Cycles. It has great stuff inside, wooden floors. The owner collected a lot of stuff over the years. He had wonderful glass display cabinets, but they are mostly gone. He does have bikes though. Here's a quad made from 4 Cycle Trucks!
IMG_2829.JPG

These vintage 10-Speeds are for sale. All very clean.
IMG_2828.JPG

This beauty sits in the entry. Definitely old, but with forward facing dropouts.
Lastly is Sutterville Bikes. No fotos to be had on this visit due to some remodeling. The owner has done well. He is expanding. It's always a pleasure to go there.

IMG_2830.JPG

sweet mike! nice to see we still have places like this to visit.
stones cycles in alameda has a lot of nice vintage road and track bikes on the racks.

But where is the legendary and mysterious Bicycle Alley? Is it the home of the mythical Bicycle Graveyard where all the TOC-30s frames collected in WWII scrap drives went to rust into history?

I tried to find it on Google Maps but no luck...

Great pics. I try to stop in any bicycle shop I pass in my travels,new or old. Thank you for sharing.
Hammerhead

But where is the legendary and mysterious Bicycle Alley? Is it the home of the mythical Bicycle Graveyard where all the TOC-30s frames collected in WWII scrap drives went to rust into history?

I tried to find it on Google Maps but no luck...
I have gone to Google Maps and MapQuest myself. Zooming in shows an alley named "Unnamed Street." It's one block long with a street sign at each end. The signs don't look home made. Perhaps somebody has a friend in the city maintenance yard. Anyway, it is between Jeffery and Pacific just south of the city college.

Back