When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle Archeology

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I once had a single colonial fender in wald black- it was SMALLER (measured over the top) than a davis one....and I think 5 sided instead of the 7 I think huffman used (so not have one handy)- brain hazy was years ago.

funny, Mike and I went halves on this bike and were going to split it up he was going to get the chain guard and handle bars and I was going to get just about everything else. the friend I had pick it up, because the seller didn't really want to have to ship it, decided he wanted the bike, so we sold it before ever actually getting it. I have two sets of Colonial fenders here so I guess for a week or two I had three sets. the ones on the bike and one of my sets are exactly like the ones in the Wald ad as well as the Dayton catalog, the other set is a little different. I have been thinking that they might be Wald but a couple years newer. it is very cool that the Wald ad gives the exact measurements.
Scott
here are some photos:
P1010732.gif

P1010733.gif

P1010734.gif

P1010736.gif

Last edited:
I think of bike archaeology another way: when we're all long-dead and some future civilization 2000 years from now digs up some of these old ballooners, they'll be able to draw the following conclusion: "these ancient individuals had leg muscles the size of tree trunks...".

perhaps they will assume they evolved over milions of years from a uni-cycle:D like this scientific observation of the evolution of the fork:
8f0007ed63b89c1b449bc3557db40220.gif

Scott:cool:

Last edited:
Back