When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle Haul from Canada

-
Just goes to show there are thieves north of the border to.

Crime has no borders. As most Canadians are known for their manners, Canuck robbers would say "please" as they requested your wallet with a knife ( WAY fewer guns up here) and as the missing CCM bicycle? Twin Bar... was being lifted at this gig ( jacked/stolen) from the stash, undoubtedly the thief excused themselves as they brushed by, and may have offered a Tim Horton's coffee to the unsuspecting buyer while he was loading. He/she ( gals steal up here too) may have even offered to help load and just got confused ( weed is now legal up here as another CABE member just added) and put a few in their own truck? The RCMP ( Royal Canadian Mounted Police) were likely tied up at the local "Tims" enjoying ( universal/have no borders among law enforcement to enjoy sweets) coffee and doughnuts, they missed the whole caper, but built up carbs for the next crime. Dudley Do-right will find that missing bike. Count on it.

Dudley_Do_Right_Cartoon_Pictures_01.jpg

download (1).jpg

Dudley_Do-Right.jpg

Nice haul!! well done. so what did a find like that set you back if you don"t mind me asking?
I suspect that will be confidential. To inform the "masses" on what one pays for such a stash would border on "ain't gonna happen" and "I doubt it" but you never know. My conservative estimate would be about $20,000.00 Canadian funds, or the equivalent being about $500.00 U.S. funds. ( Canadian dollar is worth a bit less than a pinch of polar bear dung).

I was wondering the same. Customs probably didn't care. Happy to get that load of "junk" out of Canada. I hope you know I am only kidding about the "junk". Great score, one for the memory book.

All but the couple of CCM's were manufactured in the U.S.A. so I'd simply say they were coming "home" or just off "rental". As long as no American jobs ( or Canadian jobs) were threatened, no harm, no foul. I assume they hired Canucks to do the loading, or else we may have a problem ( certainly would have been in the U.S.). Perhaps that's what confused ( couple bikes vanished?) the part time Canuck loaders/workers. They were stoned. Weed is legal up here now.

The U.S, border guards were probably welcoming the load with open arms, and no tax or duty levied (& never is when I sell to the U.S. at your end). Now if I was bringing American bikes back to Canada, ( if I even made it back...lol....) I'd be drawn and quartered ( chopped up) by both border agencies, and taxed, dutied, carry charges, levies on the tires, recycle fees, shiny metal fees, etc. skin searched, cavity explored ( mine and vehicle and bicycles) and although they were made in the U.S.A. the items would be considered a threat to our bicycle supply economy ( from China) no doubt, and a few more costs would be dreamed up. So much for Free Trade..eh? Ha!! Any bicycle part I buy ( over $50.00) from the U.S.A. is subject to tax, duty, and often handling charges. Go figure? With our .02 cent dollar, it gets pricey!! Ha!! Just having some fun with this. No insults taken by anyone please. Cheers...Bob

Ya hooo!!! Congratulations! Not only did you get some you may want. You got the bank too finish em too with the ones you don’t. Heck gotta love it when a plan comes together ehh?

Back