When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle "HOBBY" nolonger enjoyable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nobody forces anyone to participate in any of the threads. If you find the Cabe so disturbing then a person has the privilege of leaving.

25018oxpng-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have collected postage stamps most of life[ I know borrrrrrringgg] They have shows just like bike shows. Old stuff, new stuff,odd stuff. Most of the dealers contribute odd lots of collections to a large table heaped with stamps and books and oddball lots , all for sale at 2 to 5 cents each.
This is done especially for the kids. They can sit at this table for an hour or two and find some very nice stamps for there collections. Many times I have contributed to these tables, and I always made sure to include some uncommon issues in the lots.The dealers that contribute can not possibly look at every stamp they toss in. Some very expensive stamps turn up at every show. And at every show you will see the same old guys.As soon as the doors open they make a beeline for this table. With their trained eyes they will quickly grab anything that looks expensive , not that they"need" it. They just want it. The only thing that they do is ruin it for the new collectors , grabbing all the "good stuff" first .
So you see every hobby has these types. These little kids can learn a valuable lesson here......
They might learn that they should be a little more timely getting to the show.......but better yet, dont let some selfish person ruin your fun for you. The sooner they learn this the happier they will be. And as far as folks posting stuff you dont think should be included here on the Cabe, well ask these dummies what they think of that...............:)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 198
The old bicycle hobby is not about the CABE. The CABE is one small facet of discussion and marketplace. The hobby also isn't about feuding with other people, trying to beat someone to a part, or trying to outbid someone for a bike. The hobby is more about repairing and putting old bikes back on the road. It's about getting on the road or trail with that bike, whether it be with friends or by yourself. The bike hobby really is about very little, namely finding a bike that appeals to you, reviving it, and hitting the road. Some of the petty feuds people get into on here, or in general in the bike hobby, verge on ridiculous.

You think this unacceptable behavior is something new??? Really? The Tinker and I traded old war stories at the show and laughed our asses off.You young guys dont know what unacceptable behavior was unless you were a collector before the internet.lol

Back