When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle ID/Age Help Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikenelson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Just picked up a surprisingly good ride. But I need help with the frame and date?
BSA hubs, Bottom Bracket, Cranks.
Fairbanks Boston Onaway Mich. Wooden rims that are straight!
United States Cord Road Racer Tires that are petrified.
Persons Track Racer Saddle.
Roland Chain.
And some sort of top tube lever mounted rear brake I have yet to see another of.

No BSA markings on the lugs, or serial number that I can find. Give me your thoughts...Thanks.

New Lover.jpg

20220820_175814.jpg

20220820_180513.jpg

20220820_205512.jpg

20220820_183100.jpg

20220820_180821.jpg

20220820_180736.jpg

I like that brake! BSA parts usually went on better quality bikes. It is a serious bike for an adult and guessing 1920s-1930s? The Island Cycle 1937 catalog reprint has all of the BSA parts listed, but I don't have time to look right now.
Thanks for the input. The Onaway Michigan Wheel factory burned down in 1926, so it should be prior to that. I found the seat in a 1916 catalog. Perhaps the brakes will tell me a bit more if I can find anything on them. Cheers.

Thanks for the input. The Onaway Michigan Wheel factory burned down in 1926, so it should be prior to that. I found the seat in a 1916 catalog. Perhaps the brakes will tell me a bit more if I can find anything on them. Cheers.
Andrew is correct from my research I have a BSA, Cosky, and Brennen Racer with same setup (no Brake) one was raced in Buffalo ny 1930s! Respectfully Rick

Back