When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle Knowledge and Information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If it wasn't for theCabe, I would still only have one bike.
If it wasn't for the CABE, I would still only have one bike. And I'd still have room for my cars in the garage, I'd still have money in the bank, I'd still have fewer miles on my car, I'd still have a lot of free time; but I wouldn't have the knowledge that I now have, and the acquaintances that I've made.

If it wasn't for the CABE, I would still only have one bike. And I'd still have room for my cars in the garage, I'd still have money in the bank, I'd still have fewer miles on my car, I'd still have a lot of free time; but I wouldn't have the knowledge that I now have, and the acquaintances that I've made.
Well @Rivnut , you beat me to it. I'd have to say "Ditto" to your statement. I'm in the same boat. ;) and as others have stated - The Cabe is the 1st thing I look at in the morning . I have learned so much , and enjoy all the updates from members . Thanks @catfish for reminding folks to share information . I feel this site is one of the better ones because of just that reason . :poutingcat: Long live The Cabe !! :p:p:p

@catfish, you make a good point. There are a lot of threads on here that aren't much but "What is it and how much can I get for it" but there are other threads that are a wealth of information, once you find them. Two that I have learned a lot from are @mrg's "Prototype Jaguar" thread and @Miq's "War-Time Schwinn New Worlds" thread. I don't know how a thread gets "pinned", but that's two I would vote for.

With the passing of Paul Genaro this week, I feel it is more important than ever to ask people again to pass on their bicycle knowledge. Be it on here as a thread, or an article. It is a waste to lose all of Paul's knowledge to the sands of time. I know he did mentor many people, and gave his knowledge to all who asked. But I know there was a lot of stuff he knew that didn't get passed on. No one can know everything, but together we know a lot !!!

Years ago I begged a fellow collector to write down all of the info he had learned over the years, and he took it the wrong way. I guess he didn't understand how important I felt the work he had done was. Now I fear all of that info is lost to the world as well. I think it also cost me our friendship. It bothers me to this day. Mostly because I considered that person a true friend and Brother.

Catfish

Also like a collage... And to pass I need you all to write your bicycle essays. 500 words or more....
I'm still in class here at theCABE, learning as much as my old brain will allow. It would take quite a while for me to come up with 500
continuous words and make it concise and proper.

Back