When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle locks...unlocking when there no key

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
A schwinn starlet that we have has a lock (long bicycle type) attached around the seat post but there is no key. Is there a way to unlock it without getting the lock breaker tool?

A schwinn starlet that we have has a lock (long bicycle type) attached around the seat post but there is no key. Is there a way to unlock it without getting the lock breaker tool?
Take it to a locksmith. He will open it for you and make a new key for it.

I took a Corbin lock to local lock smith. Maybe it was smelling like liquid wrench or maybe it was the chain still attached- whatever. He kept it in same brown bag as when I brought it . Wouldn't touch it. Nice lock art deco styled.

Last edited:
Yes, Master locks definitely have a data base of codes somewhere that some people have access to. About a year ago I listed a lot of 6 antique brass master locks on e-bay that had dials type locks. I did not have the unlock codes to any of them and was selling them "as is" in a lot.

Some kind gentlemen looked at my listing photos and saw the serial numbers of the locks. He then sent me a e-mail with unlock codes to all the locks I had listed and said, "Now you can sell them for what they are actually worth, and suggested that I bump up my price".

After receiving the e-mail and codes to all my locks listed, I e-mailed him back thanking him and asked how he located the codes. He said he used to be a lock smith, and had vintage manuals to all of the master locks made.

Back