When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle Machine Gun

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bicycle Machine Gun Thoughts .....

untitled toy machine gun bike.png

Last edited:
Ahh!
That's better.
Thanks for the clarification, Patric.
Now, it's time to head over to the wood shop and get to work on one of those.
Oh, wait!
Didn't the police just gun a guy down, with a cell phone in his hand, last week?
It's probably not a good idea, to be riding around with a fake machine gun, attached to the handlebars of my bike.
I better just stick to my frog bell and trusty Persons Majestic siren.
The machine gun is awfully cool though. Lol!

Ahh!
That's better.
Thanks for the clarification, Patric.
Now, it's time to head over to the wood shop and get to work on one of those.
Oh, wait!
Didn't the police just gun a guy down, with a cell phone in his hand, last week?
It's probably not a good idea, to be riding around with a fake machine gun, attached to the handlebars of my bike.
I better just stick to my frog bell and trusty Persons Majestic siren.
The machine gun is awfully cool though. Lol!

Just paint it bright orange and maybe....just maybe the po po might not shoot.

Cycling Patents of Yesteryear: No. 7 – Evan S. Connell Jr’s

Bicycle Attached Toy
Machine Gun, 1951
The invention of one Evan S. Connell Jr of Santa Cruz California, a bicycle mounted toy machine gun that could be aimed in any direction along the horizontal and vertical plane, and which, in a variant of the playing card and peg, used a leaf spring connected to the gun trigger to make the firing noise of the machine gun, the spring running against the spokes when the trigger was pulled.
View attachment 790971
E. S. Connell Jr’s bicycle mounted toy machine gun. US Patent 2,667,720

The difference was that the playing card attached to the spokes made a constant sound every time
you rode the bike.
With the “toy machine-gun” attachment”, you could control the sound by pulling on the trigger which was
connected to a spring that was near the spokes. Squeezing the trigger would cause the spring
to touch the spokes creating the sound.
I used an old playing card on my bike to create the sound. But in my case, I was relating it to the
sound of a motorcycle.
Not that it sounded like a motorcycle...but for a kid it was cool!

It’s on the same principle like the “Persons Majestic Bicycle Siren”
But instead of a spring, you use a chain attached to the handlebars.
Pulling on the chain would move the roller towards the wheel causing the spinning
of the mechanism to create a “siren” sound. The faster you went the louder the sound.

I live in Santa Cruz I wonder if his family is still around these parts???

July of 2008 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission banned toy caps producing sound levels at or above 138 decibels. :(
"Orange tip" A federally funded experiment in 1989 confronted police officers from the Montgomery, Fairfax and Prince William county departments with actors holding toy guns with the orange plug; still, 96% of officers fired at the toy guns. The orange tip “completely failed to enable the test subjects to identify the weapon as a toy,” so the study concluded. :eek:

Last edited:
I would have loved these when I was a kid as I rode around pretending I was dogfighting Nazis.

I remember when red tips weren't enough for the (realistic) toy guns we had and they went to bright pinks and such. I painted them black and thought to myself that if I was a criminal, I'd paint a real gun bright pink and purple so it looked like a toy. I was aware of the danger of being shot by police for my paint job, but figured I deserved it for being found (my best friend and I played sniper vs. sniper all the time. Lot of sitting and hiding, so we ended up having to institute hunter/ambush rules where someone would be one or the other. It was basically hide and seek with elaborate death scenes that would sometimes get us yelled at by his mother if she saw us dramatically fall out of trees and jumping fences. Damn, we were made out of rubber then.).

Back