When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Transfer on a Peugeot U08 tensped ca. 1962 -

joselyn's bicycles a) .jpg

joselyn's bicycles b) .jpg

---

Joselyn's was a small neighbourhood type "mom & pop" shop on the west side of El Camino Real Blvd. only a mile and one half from Leland Stanford Jr. University in California. Many a student purchased their cycle there through the years. IIRC they closed in the early 1980's.

The pattern of the transfer reminds me of something I had not thought about in decades. I believe it is a generic one retailers could order from a trade association such as Bicycle Dealers of America. The blank was standardised and members could give the details of their store to be printed together with their order. Thus saving the store much of the setup cost of designing their own transfer. Does anyone else recall these?

Thank you for reading. :smiley:

-----

Two Wheeler Dealer in Spearfish, SD. Found on a bargain store 2011 Trek that migrated to NC.

lC4YwWOoIYf-pYWjNQJDSNpYml9jcTYQRhxT-agU6gBEPDA-Il0SMDc2huBNVPzHDiEsyTZB4R2LSre1Z_s=w708-h943-no.jpg

Store in Spearfish below (what a cool city name).

The store in Rapid City was closed in 2014 and the inventory was consolidated in one store.
"After more than 40 years of keeping bicyclists on the road in Rapid City, the owners of the Two Wheeler Dealer Cycle & Fitness store have made the painful decision to close the shop in town and move everything up north to Spearfish...."

1535714690831.png

Shop sticker on my 90's Giant Boulder mtb.

UYwuV0pqy3brp0TeRYSGsUMNA9FksBjAm3QHU3WrAa0iqvRYNNNM50iBb6HyQT5I5hgHhavIXjtEozPqYg=w1258-h944-no.jpg

Now known as American Cycle & Fitness.
1535726245834.png

"...My first shift (get it?) in the bicycle business was April 1978. I was fourteen. Unlike my partner Michael’s willing entry into the business, I was a product of forced child labor! Awakened by my father at 7:00 am on Saturday, he took me to Scarlett’s Schwinn Cyclery in Pontiac, a business he bought from Mr. Scarlett four months earlier. He walked me down the ramp to the basement. On the floor in front of us was a pile of boxes with “ten speed” handlebars in them. Dad’s training program went something like this:..."

This one didn't have a bike shop decal on the frame, because it didn't need one.
image.jpeg

It has a headbadge that identified the original point of purchase.
image.jpeg

The Berry Cohen Special.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No sign of the bike shop anymore, because downtown Atlanta, Georgia, exists there now.
image.jpeg

At least, they still have a bike lane.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The shop could've been where this parking lot is now, or across the street where Hurt Park is.
image.jpeg

No trace of the once great bicycle distributor Berry Cohen, but the "Berry Cohen Special" is still riding the roads of America just as intended.

Last edited:
Walthour & Hood were mentioned in your news ad, they survived until the 90's...I bought from them for decades working in shops in SC and NC...they were a "bread and butter" parts distributor with a road rep. I just read they distributed Dayton bicycles at some (early) point in time.

n044259.jpg

I wish that was being dropped off at my house....

Walthour & Hood were mentioned in your news ad, they survived until the 90's...I bought from them for decades working in shops in SC and NC...they were a "bread and butter" parts distributor with a road rep. I just read they distributed Dayton bicycles at some (early) point in time.

View attachment 862042

I wish that was being dropped off at my house....
Cherokee, Guaranty, Walco & W & H Heavy Service were some of the Head Badges they used on Schwinn, Dayton and maybe other brand bicycles.

I thought this certificate was interesting.
It's from Walthour and Hood, Atlanta, Georgia.
Authorizing a Harley Davidson dealership in Mississippi, to sell, what I assume, are Huffman made Dayton bicycles.
image.jpeg
Great photo of the Walthour & Hood delivery truck.
Thanks, for posting that!

Back