When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I also thought it was a 1996 but it has a head badge imprint number of 1508, so I am thinking it is a ‘98?

OK, the head badge, and this pic from the 98 catalog confirms it is a 98 model

Unfortunately the shop I worked at in Manhattan Beach is closed now. It closed in 2017 after 54 years of being in business. It is now a shop for vehicle racks geared for the outdoor enthusiast.

This decal (Walters-Galesburg, IL) is on @jimbo53 '21 Shelby and I believe he told me they only sold bicycles the first year and became strictly a Harley dealer after that. Jim please correct me if I mispoke. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1511962
Walters Brothers was founded in 1921 selling bicycles and Harley Davidsons. In 1922 they dropped the bicycles from their product line and became an exclusive H-D dealer, which continues today in Peoria IL. Here is the history from their website.

History​

Walters Brothers Motorcycle and Bicycle Shop opened in Galesburg by brothers, Ambrose (Bruce) & Robert (Bob)
Walters Brothers became Walters Brothers Harley-Davidson®

Last edited:
This one is on a friends crusty ‘80 Cruiser I took in for service. Westminster Bike sticker before the 714 area code. Didn’t find any info about them in a quick Google search.
Any of you OC/HB guys remember the store?

963848B9-37C8-47E1-A767-7D5EEE8C002B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back