When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

-
Here's another one that popped up recently.
It's a Colson built Delmar bicycle for the Simmons Hardware Company, located on Delmar Blvd in St. Louis, Missouri.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact location of the old store, but these pictures give an idea of what the area looks like.

image.jpeg

Steve's Bicycle and Sports, Rocky Mount, NC from a 1999 Trek Multi Track hybrid.
6OJKOVD3n4q8yoBwt8g7sSqF5R90YZfzimJOvFfDQdqgvt8LgrGJxl6KPqRFluO91HYilAMBO54JnWBsWg=w1258-h944-no.jpg

Location is now a carpet store.
1537274031785.png

And Steve apparently gained a partner named "Al" and relocated to Wilson, NC as they are now known as, "Steve & Al's Bicycles & Sports".

1537274142668.png

Finally snapped a photo of a Middle Ring Cycles sticker which was located in our small NC city. Only in business for about two years, they have been closed for several years now. I wrenched part time at their two different locations.

OOU4_2hkl43jKuhLXrOP35LjuSO7JkbbEG3ijuk0zKyJ3I0ZmpCNhi3HnfFoqv78boCFMsvSgKzFAVpXO4A=w704-h938-no.jpg

Last door on the right..
1537534038947.png

Yeah, I was surprised by all the open space when I googled downtown St. Louis.
A friend who has family there, said, that's because they demolished all of the old decrepit buildings that didn't have any historical significance, and were becoming a blighted nuisance.
Now, there's grass and wild flowers.
Perfect!
Just like it was before. Lol!

Yelp review on the closed Buddy's Schwinn Bicycles, Fresh Meadows, NY.

Closed in 2010 after 50 years in business - owner would have fit right in here on the CABE....

...Buddy could be a bit cranky at times (especially when kids were running helter-skelter around the place, e.g. there's a big sign in the window: "No Skateboards!") but the service and skills were excellent. A NYC institution that will be missed.

1539858290515.png

Last edited:
Back