When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

-
Alain Mertens, Brabant, Belgium on a ladies Raleigh Deluxe Sports.
DSC_0238.JPG

1a.
I like 'GENE'S' Phone number ….
2a.
'Bills Bike and Puck' offers to help return a 'Misplaced' bike
3a.
Buff Linclau's 'Woods' bike shop became Pointe Cyclery in Grosse Pointe which morphed into todays American Cycle group of stores
4a.
Reliable bike shop was Legendary in Detroit post WW2 . huge Schwinn dealer
5a.
Village cyclery became the MGM group of bike stores (11 total) and undercut EVERYONE -including me- and later went thru a
massive bankruptcy screwing all his partners .
I worked there in the mid 70's.
sticker 4.2.jpg

sticker 4.4.jpg

sticker 4.5.jpg

sticker 4.6.jpg

sticker 4.7.jpg

So dumb he forgot to put his phone number on the decal !

1a.
I like 'GENE'S' Phone number ….
2a.
'Bills Bike and Puck' offers to help return a 'Misplaced' bike
3a.
Buff Linclau's 'Woods' bike shop became Pointe Cyclery in Grosse Pointe which morphed into todays American Cycle group of stores
4a.
Reliable bike shop was Legendary in Detroit post WW2 . huge Schwinn dealer
5a.
Village cyclery became the MGM group of bike stores (11 total) and undercut EVERYONE -including me- and later went thru a
massive bankruptcy screwing all his partners .
I worked there in the mid 70's.
View attachment 898444

View attachment 898445

View attachment 898446

View attachment 898447

View attachment 898448

So dumb he forgot to put his phone number on the decal !
Nice post as I always enjoy anecdotes about the actual stores - thanks!

The sticker on a Ross Compact of about 1980 is from Sam's in Elmwood Park, NJ. Sam's is still there. This stretch of New Jersey State Highway 4 is also called Broadway. Info from the website is shown below. Before 1973, Elmwood Park was East Paterson (note the matching initials), but the inhabitants did not want to be associated with Paterson any longer, so they changed the name of the town. I live about 10 miles from Sam's, but have never visited. One day I should stop in.
sams.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 4.32.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 4.50.11 PM.png

Back