When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle stylin' ?????????????

-

byrdmeister

'Lil Knee Scuffer
O.k.
Harley riders have their leathers, skateboarders have there skeechers, cowboy shooters have their hats and chaps etc. Do classic bicycle riders dress in something that is synonomous with their hobby or time period of their classic? If so, please explain. If you have pictures of examples, please post. If not, why not????

I don't do spandex bikewear.

Cut off BDU shorts, T or sweatshirt, old ball cap worn backwards, old sneakers, sunglasses and earjacks.
Chixdiggit.

...wear stuff from the resale shop, cause all my bread went for bike stuff....

What about you vintage riders that have bikes that came without chainguards..... are bicycle clips cool or dorky?? My Ranger has no chainguard but I for one cannot bring myself to put on a bicycle clip :(

If indeed, many of these babies were made to be used as transportation and not a luxury, then you would have had to be able to get on them and head to the office (whatever that might mean). I guess that as the saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention" then pant clips were invented to keep the long/suit pant out of the chain guard. Dorky maybe; pant savers definitely.

Never ride without a chain ring cover or chaingaurd. I have torn up several pairs of pants and 2 or 3 weeks ago, I chewed a shoe lace on one of my Converse shoes. :(

Back