When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycles Related Fumbles In The Film Industry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I can personally say that Phantoms were still the bike to have in Detroit in the early 60's if you were 11 or 12, although DeLuxe middleweights were very desirable as well.
I figured since that group of bullies were basically eluded to as rich kids so I guess it just seemed odd.....I suppose its not the worse fumble Ive seen.

I consider these things Easter eggs. Looking for them (in many cases) is more interesting than what ever is on in the first place.

"Mysteries at the Museum" is a great example of low budget props. It's hilarious to see some reenactment of a Civil War scene with power lines in the background and chemtrails in the sky! 🤣

I sold a nice original men's wood rim CCM (Redbird if I recall, 1920's I'll guess) and the buyer lent it out to a ( think it was a Canuck/made for TV production) movie "Anne of Green Gables". I have never seen the movie and frankly don't expect to unless I have insomnia or lose track of my herd of sheep.

-----

in addition to historical inaccuracies one of the many fun things to look for in film is what are termed "continuity errors"

years ago began to watch the video of the picture Mystic Pizza with an ensemble cast which included Julia Roberts

she plays a waitress in the eponymous pizza place in...you guessed it(!)...Mystic Connecticut

early in the motion picture there is a scene where she is filling a beer pitcher from the tap
when she departs the tap the pitcher is about 3/5 full but when she arrives at the customer's table an instant later it is magically full

heard an interview with James Garner where the interviewer asked him what was his least favourite picture

not the slightest hesitation on his part; quickly responded The Pink Jungle (1969)
he was so unhappy on the set that he made deliberate continuity errors with his wardrobe or what he was carrying to render the scenes of no use to the film makers - they used them anyway

-----

Reflector pedals were standard in Europe in the 1920's and 30's- Bikes were considered actual transportation for adults, not just a kid's toy like they were in the US at that time.
In the Netherlands, cycling is very well developed, as you know. But it has been since the 1920s and 30s? Or is it relatively recent?
-----

in addition to historical inaccuracies one of the many fun things to look for in film is what are termed "continuity errors"

years ago began to watch the video of the picture Mystic Pizza with an ensemble cast which included Julia Roberts

she plays a waitress in the eponymous pizza place in...you guessed it(!)...Mystic Connecticut

early in the motion picture there is a scene where she is filling a beer pitcher from the tap
when she departs the tap the pitcher is about 3/5 full but when she arrives at the customer's table an instant later it is magically full

heard an interview with James Garner where the interviewer asked him what was his least favourite picture

not the slightest hesitation on his part; quickly responded The Pink Jungle (1969)
he was so unhappy on the set that he made deliberate continuity errors with his wardrobe or what he was carrying to render the scenes of no use to the film makers - they used them anyway

-----
After watching hundreds of magical movies, I stopped wondering about them. But I admit, it used to be all very impressive. Now it's boring.

Back