When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycles Related Fumbles In The Film Industry

-
Continuity. There is a specific person in film production that is responsible for making sure the continuity of a scene is correct when moving from and back to a particular scene. This also includes when filming ends in the middle of a scene due to a weather interruption, injury on the set or whatever. The continuity director is supposed to make sure the same clothing is on the actor that he or she was wearing when the scene changed or was interrupted and that the same vehicles, motorcycles or bicycles are being used when the scene is resumed. One of the worst shows to have continuity issues was the old Hawaii Five O series. They would be driving a two door car when they left headquarters and show up in a four door car at the crime scene. Or a different truck from start to finish. Lol

I supplied the bicycles for a movie called "Dear Eleanor" that was filmed in my area around 2012. It's about a California girl fascinated with Eleanor Roosevelt & her journey to an event in NY to try to meet her in the early 60's. Starring Luke Wilson & Jessica Alba. It took forever to be released & came out on DVD. I watched the movie once, lent it to a friend to watch & haven't got it back yet. Still have all the bikes. Let me know what you think if you've seen the movie!

I supplied the bicycles for a movie called "Dear Eleanor" that was filmed in my area around 2012. It's about a California girl fascinated with Eleanor Roosevelt & her journey to an event in NY to try to meet her in the early 60's. Starring Luke Wilson & Jessica Alba. It took forever to be released & came out on DVD. I watched the movie once, lent it to a friend to watch & haven't got it back yet. Still have all the bikes. Let me know what you think if you've seen the movie!
I'm glad they contacted someone who knew something about vintage bicycles and what would be correct for an era. I believe they should be more diligent when making a period piece that has bicycles, cars, busses, motorcycles, etc. in it.

Back