When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycles Related Fumbles In The Film Industry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
this is a great thread. i do visual effects for film and tv, and i have to tell you, making a movie is chaos, and there aren't really any experts on anything around, or people doing any kind of intensive research unless it's in the budget. and it's almost never in the budget. as far as doing it in post, with computers, that's my bit. when they show you the 30 second bit on how they did all those great shots in your favorite movie? that 30 second bit took a team of sun deprived, really bitterly sarcastic people a couple of weeks to make.......
Thank you for the insight. I'm just a detail oriented person by nature, and I feel a little let down by visual mistakes. It doesn't wreck the show for me, it's just a "Oh wow, how did that slip by" moment. I don't expect perfection in a Roger Corman production or a sitcom on clear channel T.V., but the shows made for PBS seem to take the time to get these things right.... most of the time!

... more guns. a fully automatic rifle will empty a 30 round magazine in about 5 seconds or less yet they shoot hundreds of rounds in the movies and TV without reloading. lets just ignore that full auto machine guns are prohibitively expensive and extremely rare outside the military.

NCIS Los Angeles is famous for their ridiculous gun battles.

In Deadwood, there is a scene with a highwheel that is a Columbia Expert (I think, it has been a while) and later when the bike is ridden it is an RBR boneshaker reproduction. In any event, neither of those bikes would have been available in Deadwood, SD in the late 1860's/ early 70's when in which the film is set.

... more guns. a fully automatic rifle will empty a 30 round magazine in about 5 seconds or less yet they shoot hundreds of rounds in the movies and TV without reloading. lets just ignore that full auto machine guns are prohibitively expensive and extremely rare outside the military.

NCIS Los Angeles is famous for their ridiculous gun battles.
Also, movie characters have amazingly sturdy faces! They can take so many blows without bruising... 😂

So, what is wrong with this scene from Ford vs. Ferrari, taking place in fall of 1966?

Back