When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big 30 inch wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloontyre

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy All,
Here's a 30" wheel bike that I'll be making a rider. It's kinda interesting with it's features, I thought I would share some pics of the bike. Best I can tell it's a 1902/03 originally un-badged bike.

Shown for scale, ladies full sized 28" wheel bike with a tall head tube, bikes are lined up at the center of crank hanger.

Some of the features of the bike are, adjustable bars, pogo suspension post, record #1 rat traps with cages, 32 tooth Fauber up front, 14 tooth Corbin brake, metal fenders extended to accommodate the larger wheel diameter, stand over height is 36", wheel base axle to axle is 50.5".

Very cool. Never seen anything like it before. I did not expect the wheels to look so monstrous next to the 28 inch ones.

Sam,
I'll shelf this wheelset and reserve for display. I'm looking at a couple internal multi speed coaster brake options on modern wheels. I can get a large tire to fit because of the length of fork legs and width of crown. So my thoughts are a tire in the size of 29 X 2. This puppy should creep along pretty effortlessly when complete.

Interesting one you've got there - certainly never seen a wheel base like that before - very, very cool.

Cool find, Ivo!

If you come up with a tire that will fit properly on those 30 inch rims, let me know~~~

Last edited:
I wonder if this tire would fit that frame. You'd have to have custom made wood clinchers done by Stutzman though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-X-2-125-.../221598536171?pt=US_Tires&hash=item33984d51eb

I rode one of the Genesis 32" bikes at my local shop. The ride kind of like a truck/cadillac. Smooth, but the turning radius is HUGE!!! This one would be a lot of fun if you can get it rolling again!!!! For reference a 28" Singletube is approximately the same size as a 29er tire that is 1.5" wide (700cx38) If you were to go with a 2" 29er tire it might work, but it won't be all that much larger in diameter. Much bigger than that and it'll start looking like you have a mountain bike!

Back