When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big and heavy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JO BO

I live for the CABE
I am looking for the make of this bike. I know the wheels aren’t correct. Has a horizontal badge hole layout extremely far apart so must have been a curve around headbadge. Serial number under heavy black paint I didn’t want to sand off.lots of good paint if it’s original. Lower bar has double trumpets

15F79321-05CB-45EB-9E81-C9FB990F3EFA.jpeg

F5B252BC-41F1-412D-A1C1-18AB9614E09A.jpeg

03CB003C-DA97-498A-A166-4FBEFEA46C00.jpeg

Chainring is surely incorrect then as it seems like a tin piece of junk? The badge holes are about as far apart horizontally as possible so the badge must have been extremely curved to fit

Last edited:
I just pulled the crank hoping it was original with a new chainring. No luck. Has A S 69 dated crank.

Probably would have been a dogleg crank arm and that was a Wald chainring, saddle's incorrect as well. Cool bikes young fella, I'm guessing you have been sitting on them for sometime now. Now we know where the stash is located.

V/r
Sean

Very cool bike! I cant help with ID though, sorry.

I have been searching late 20’s early 30’s Schwinn and have only found 1 with a frame like this one where the lower bar meets the bar from the bb to the head tube a few inches down. All others meet together at the head tube it was a 1928 Excelsior B 10. Is it a size thing or?

Does the down tube have weld repairs at the top and bottom joints; if so perhaps some of the paint might not be original; can’t read the serial number from the picture provided. The wide holes for the head badge might reflect a Mead product, or as you have suggested, a Schwinn-Excelsior model. Because the chain ring was swapped, it may have been a skip tooth bicycle.

Back