When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Big Chief Cockeye" 39 Elgin Board Track Special

-

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
I would like to introduce you to:
"Big Chief Cockeye". Board Track Special!
He's done!
Sorry for the glare, and I had trouble getting some of the details on the bike. Base bike is a 39 Elgin Long Tank Fender Over. The tank is done to imitate WWII, pitted, aircraft aluminum, (tank is actually straight, smooth and done correctly), plus we used real nose art from a B-24. Wanted to use weathered period parts, refurbished parts, and some new parts. Frame is bare metal treated with gun oil, letting all brazing show. All black is powder coated. Tires cream colored, not white!

20161021_144411.jpg
20161021_144339.jpg
20161021_144447.jpg

Very cool!

Nicely done, I dig the rivet look on the tank, kudos!

Thanks for the closeup. Is that airbrushed or an overlay? My late father-in-law served as a B-24 crew chief during WWll in the South Pacific. I have several pictures of planes in his squadron with amazing nose art. What a great idea for a tribute bike.

If it was mine I'd now gook it up with some dirt, dents, grease and scrapes, smoke n flames & old deacals. Sweet springer and bars, pedals nice flowing lines too. Somebody's gonna be pumped.

For all the purists out there. The bike was basically complete when I found it years back. All parts have been saved and packed away, so if someone ever wanted to, the bike could be returned to original form.

Elgin1.JPG
20161003_103323.jpg

Back