When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest pet peeve

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

then8j

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It happened to me again today, my biggest pet peeve
I was riding a beautiful bike today. Colson bullnose, yes it is red. At least 5 times downtown people commented that they love the “Pee Wee Herman bike”

I don’t know why but it just gets under my skin and irritates me so much!
Does anyone else feel the same way?

maybe next time i should wear a grey suit with a red bow tie lol

Last edited:
I would not let that bother me. 99% of the population has no clue about vintage bikes. take it as a compliment that they even noticed.

had a guy take a picture of my crusty Phantom while out for a ride a few weeks back, I'm sure he knew nothing about bikes. he just thought it was cool. he asked what it was and if I was going to paint it.

it is the same thing in the old car world. people just don't see old cars driving around and know nothing about them. most don't even notice.

It’s
I was riding a beautiful bike today. Colson bullnose, yes it is red. At least 5 times downtown people commented that they love the “Pee Wee Herman bike”

I

I wouldn’t let it get your blood pressure up, a lot of people are ignorant and just don’t have a clue. I’ve had the same thing happen🤣🤣 But what drives me crazy is when I’m riding a Monark Super Deluxe and someone asks “is that a Schwinn?” 😡
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You could get a 1960 BMW Isetta to drive on nice quiet Sunday afternoons.
I am certain that everywhere you'd drive it that people would approach you smiling happily, telling you that is a really cool URKEL car. I'm certain that while driving the Isetta, you would have fellow drivers pull up alongside and roll their windows down and shout out "Urkel" while giving you the Fonzie thumbs up.

*** You should be proud when onlookers, bystanders, pedestrians, and other cyclists show their affection by saying that is a fantastic PEE WEE HERMAN bike, or that Pee Wee would certainly be proud of that sweet bike.
It is NOT a PUT-DOWN in any way what so ever!
They simply see a bicycle that is rarely seen out, actually being ridden.
It is like somebody seeing someone out driving a Ford Model A, and it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for even a 70 year old to comment: "Did ya see that, the green JOHN BOY WALTON car, that turned on to West Paces Ferry Road?"
It is only natural for folks to associate a memorable iconic like version of your ride!
Accept the compliment graciously with great pride!
You may want to consider having a custom bicycle license plate with either "PEE WEE" or just "HERMAN".
There are a half dozen firms that make replica automobile license plates for all current states as well as all prior years for all states, Canada, and other International countries. They make small versions for bicycle use and display purposes. They make all the sizes auto-truck-trailer size, motorcycle sized, and bicycle sized. See the bay.
You might want to consider for example possibly getting the State plate of where you live in the year of your bicycle, with "PEE WEE". Then have the small area designation for the County or province read "Herman".
Certainly, you might not like the colors that your state used in 1948, say for example if your bike is a 1948. You have options as other states likely had nice colors in 1948 or whatever year of your bicycle if your aim is to get coordinating complimentary colors for your accessory license plate. Occasionally, you can get these custom license plate replica mfrs to make whatever year plate in whatever two colors that you like the best.

In the eyes of the general public, your bike is iconic and famous for what it is to them.
They have no other known benchmark to associate with that style of bicycle.
There aren't that many folks around that were born in the nineteen thirties that remember riding and owning the Pee Wee type bicycles in the 1938 - 1952 era. How many of you remember when Roosevelt & Truman were Presidents, and remember WWII & the Korean War. You'd likely be at least 86 years old today in 2022.
PEE WEE's BIG ADVENTURE or whatever his first movie was called, premiered more than 40 years ago, I think (was it 1981 or 1982 ??....).
I know it all seems like yesterday, but it was all a long time ago.
With the recent rocket launch of just a few days ago, I cannot recall the numerous times that the network reporters got the year facts WRONG, repeating erroneously that we have not been to the Moon in over 50 years, as they were saying erroneously that it has been since 1970 that we have been to the Moon, WHEN IN FACT THE LAST MISSION TO THE MOON WAS IN DEC 1972. Yes, those reporters are all younger than fifty years old, so it all happened before they were born, BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE for someone who is the science-technology reporter-correspondent, who should know the facts and the relevant dates. One can understand that the news readers that simply read and report what is presented in front of them on a display or teleprompter, aren't likely gonna know at what temperature that water boils at, much less anything else.....

Hey, It Is What It Is.
Just understand that folks are just trying to convey a deep admiration for your great bicycle when they say: "That Is A Great PEE WEE Bike!".
Just Be Cool and graciously accept that highest compliment!

It’s

I

I wouldn’t let it get your blood pressure up, a lot of people are ignorant and just don’t have a clue. I’ve had the same thing happen🤣🤣 But what drives me crazy is when I’m riding a Monark Super Deluxe and someone asks “is that a Schwinn?” 😡
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

After they ask you if that's a Schwinn, you should reply back, "Why yes, it actually is". 😜

Back