When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike, Collectors, Investors and Hoarders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’ve been into vintage bicycles since 1990 and I personally don’t care what others do with their money and time, they are free to approach the hobby as they see fit.

If someone has a ultra rare part and they can get top dollar for it, why wouldn’t they want to get too soar for it?? Unless your rich, why would you want to not want to get the most return?

No hard feelings to those who want the part, it’s just capitalism, but that’s life, deal with it. It’s the same in any other hobby, rare collectible items usually sell for a premium.

I don’t feel I have any business criticizing collectors or hoarders or even those who don’t ride their bikes, or collect parts for display.

I collect for the passion of owning and riding historical Americana, and life’s too short to worry what others do or why they do it.

Let’s all just enjoy old bikes in a way that makes us happy.
Well said.

Older thread but still relevant.

Dont worry, the market is adjusting.
Bad economies and hyperinflation does that.

Should be lots of parts, and bikes, available soon for bargain basement prices.

Older thread but still relevant.

Dont worry, the market is adjusting.
Bad economies and hyperinflation does that.

Should be lots of parts, and bikes, available soon for bargain basement prices.
Back in '08/09 I was able to get some really nice bikes for cheap. What I'm seeing now is the entry level/middling stuff stagnate but the blue chip stuff is still bringing the money.

Back