When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike, Collectors, Investors and Hoarders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, people are going to do what they want in any walk of life or hobby, good or bad no matter what we say or think. (Those 3 bicycle related people categories fall in there). Some peoples actions are annoying if you let it get to you. Best to focus on things (and people) you can change as opposed to things you can't. That starts at home ( you?). Be comfortable with why you do what you do, or change. Resentment and bitterness is negative energy. If your wishes/goals are not attainable, adjust them, or give them up.

Why frustrate yourself and be miserable when the bar is too high? Stewing over ( I'm not saying who is or isn't) how others are "spoiling" things for you or the hobby in general is fruitless. Don't add to it by enabling them if possible. I've sold ( mostly at losses) many hobby related items and hope it's gone to a good home, but it's gone, so I move on. If someone profits by it, so what. It bugs me a bit, but not for long. It was my choice to sell. Let it go.

If you are on the Cabe, chances are pretty good you are for some reason. There are many. Letting off steam is one. Laughing and enjoying things with "like minded people" is very important. If a hobby isn't fun, it's time for a change. We are lucky to have a hobby that is fun and as affordable as you can make it. You don't need to own, ride, wrench, or collect bikes to be in this hobby. It's not a contest either. Sure, there will be the good, the bad, and the ugly in any situation. Putting it in perspective is the key. Do I follow these words of advice? I try to. Do I succeed? Sometimes.....Ha!!

Addiction has many levels and comes in many categories. It's a hard thing to figure out but reading this thread is like therapy for some. The Cabe has given us a method to the madness with all the different views on this topic. Just do what makes you happy and don't worry about the rest.

Yepp, we gonna do what we gonna do.
Indignation is building.
Folks put a lot of effort into this hobby. How they do it isn't up for open discussion or judgement.
And this forum site. Is the most tame I've seen, with the most reserved folks I've run into in the ether. I've proven it myself, there are still millions of old bikes to be found.
The answer is to concentrate on it and it will show up, as long as you leave your house
But... I think it was easier to find an old stingray yesterday.

I guess I am a collector still.I buy bikes I buy them only because I like them. I dont resell or think of them as investments.I go to shows whenever I get there.I also spend more time talking to friends than trying to stress myself over a "deal" When you have been doing this as long as I have the swap meets are made for enjoyment not for competing with others. I also believe if something is meant to be for me it will happen so I dont go crazy at swap meets.

Back