When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Fairy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Stephanie Smithson

Look Ma, No Hands!
I came home from my first day of teaching this school year to a bike waiting for me today. Could I get some help on what it is and the year? It’s newer than my taste but always a great surprise seeing a bike waiting for you. The top bar is curved. Is it supposed to be?? Lol.

B5FECD7E-7031-41B7-BB16-24A57EA9E55A.jpeg

661BD9F7-947F-4A8A-943D-DBF2DF9B3999.jpeg

765A9376-94A0-4764-B02F-BD4922BBF3E0.jpeg

84CABFC6-760B-433E-8A05-56F5CF0A68AD.jpeg

8C4C6027-160F-4E70-B6B8-F98A28D7D078.jpeg

C2B69D07-7724-4774-A65C-E3164FD0BA25.jpeg

Unusual Schwinn 10 speed.

theory... A crack head might have gotten arrested and taken in. May want to leave it there another day or so in case he gets out...
with jail overcrowding and the covid thing, you never know.
A crack-head would not have stowed the chain just so-so...; the Bloomington near me is a college town; perhaps this was left behind from a previous year...

I had seen another forum thread about a camelback Varsity. I found it here.

The red one is original and looks good. As someone pointed out, these less appreciated Schwinn's are starting to get some attention.

The blue one is not original, however, it has a nice style and looks comfortable to tool around on.

The members at RatRodBikes do some nice stuff. We tend to like our bikes original, they, not really, but they have a sense of heritage and style that I admire. The blue bike shown above keeps the frame original and retains the "Twin Stik" stem shifter and substitutes what looks like allow rims with fatter tires (26" x 1-3/8" perhaps) , a three piece crank and high rise handlebars. Fairly simple mods but a different bike than the original. Something that I would like to ride. The original camelback Varsity with dropped handlebars, not as appealing.

I like the look enough that a camelback Varsity is on my radar now.

Back