When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike finds at Glendale, Ca. Toy Show - Orig paint mens Columbia & girls Twin Flex

-

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
The All American Collector's Show, also known as the Glendale Toy Show is held twice a year in Glendale California. It's one of the best vintage toy shows on the west coast and has been going for something like 40 years. I have been setting up and selling there for over 30 years. The most recent one was in August, and there were two vintage bikes of note there, this original paint Columbia and girl's twin flex. The Columbia was priced at $950 and the girl's was $1400.

Thought ya'll would like to see them...

052.JPG

053.JPG

051.JPG

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna have to start attending toy shows now. Cooool sled too, great graphic's!

Mike

Yeah, that is a great show. I use to attend it years ago but have missed several years now.

-----

Thanks very much for posting.

This sounds like a fun event to attend.

Was born there ... back before the dawn of time :openmouth:

Wonderful town to visit for the Armenian food.

-----

A side note: neither of these bikes sold at this show. The seller of the Columbia indicated he'd take less on the bike, my guess is he would have taken $750. Same with the flex, although I have no idea how much less that seller would have considered.

-----

Thanks very much for posting.

This sounds like a fun event to attend.

Was born there ... back before the dawn of time :openmouth:

Wonderful town to visit for the Armenian food.

-----
I used to go to the show, over 30 years ago. Great show to see Hollywood celebrity. I used to go to a great Armenian restaurant, there. Forgot the name, though....

The Glendale Toy Show (formally called the All American Collector's Show) in Glendale Ca. is happening again Saturday, January 19th, 2019. If you are in So. Cal, it's a great show to walk to see vintage toys, advertising, and other vintage goodies. I set up in the very center of the main room, at the crossroads of the two main aisles.... if you come to the show, please stop by my booth and say hi!

Friday, the 18th is the "special preview" day, 11-5pm with admission at $25. Saturday show day is $10 admission, 10-4pm.

Here is the link for more info: http://theglendaleshow.com/

Balloonatic O-O

Back