When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Flights/FedEx Damage :(

-
I tape the complete box , and reinforce the spots where the hand holes are , . This bike was handled many times ,by picking it up from the top flaps . It was taped up after it had been dropped , .. watch some deliveries of bikes and you will see how they are handled . People need to learn how to handle the bike boxes . Tape them up , so the handler can not grab the box from the top ,

I did see right off that it looks like the box was too short to protect the front shroud

The box was tall enough. The shroud contacted the side of the box, probably because the box was laid on its side and poop was piled on top of it.

repair cost impossible until a shroud is found

I understand that, this isn't my first rodeo with a vintage bike. It could take me months to find the right shroud, I don't have that kind of time. The insurance claim needs to go through asap so I need to come up with some sort of figure.

I have had several bikes shipped to me with no problems. They are a great service and are generally cheaper than the post office. My heart really goes out to you and your sister. To the best of my knowledge, you may have to find a replacement shroud and then go from their. BEST OF LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT.

Let me change the question a little...

If this was your bike, how much would you want for damages? A range, +/- is ok

Let me change the question a little...

If this was your bike, how much would you want for damages? A range, +/- is ok
one-million-dollars.jpg

If you are unable to find an original and are interested in a reproduction until you find an original, PM me. If the shroud is less than 7" x 7" x 9", I can make one for you, even with missing pieces. I will do it for the cost of the shipping and materials.

Back