When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Flights/FedEx Damage :(

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My advice is always if you want it there intact, do it yourself or have it done your way (or skip it).

Unfortunately that wasn't an option.

When it is completed I'll ship it back to her and I will pack it myself carefully.

With what I am seeing is the bicycle shop’s fault. Poor packing and I have seen this several times with “ bicycle shops “

Sorry to hear

Bike Flights wants an estimated damage repair cost. Does anyone have an idea of how much this could be?

Sorry that happened but you really cant blame the bike shop. Most bike shops nowadays dont understand antiques and their value. I did see right off that it looks like the box was too short to protect the front shroud but they did use some bubble wrap and they did box the bike for shipment. Hope you get a fair settlement and find a replacement shroud.

Can't ship those with the shroud on.... we all know it, bike shops probably not. It's not your fault, but next time let the shop know they have to remove the shroud. I had a claim with bikeflights awhile ago and I remember it going pretty well. They are bike people and genuinely not trying to screw us out of money.

Back