When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike from the Dead's Freshly-Exhumed Finds (Everything I've dug up since 6/15/21)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"This looks to be the latest of the parts I got. I hadn't seen this exact sprocket before, but I really can't remember the last time I saw this faceted crank arm. It has some word on it, but I can't make out what it says. Still, it looks cool."

Redline! Looks mid-school to me...
Okay, I just did a quick Google Images search, and.... yeah, I'm going to need a little education on Redline bikes. I know next to nothing about BMX/mountain bikes. I'm more into postwar cruisers and '60s/'70s muscle bikes.

Next up, the Schwinn parts-donor. I've never seen one with this sort of paint scheme before. Is it custom, or just an uncommon option?
View attachment 1430585
View attachment 1430586
View attachment 1430587
View attachment 1430588
View attachment 1430589
View attachment 1430590
View attachment 1430591

I don't know why, but almost every S-2 wheel I've acquired has the original white and black paint covered up with grey primer/paint. Was that just poor man's chrome, or what?
View attachment 1430592

Just looked up the serial Number. Built on August 1st, 1951. Not sure what's up with the dots above the serial number though. They look suspiciously factory...
View attachment 1430593
The dots were probably just some bored guy trying to figure out Morse code but just forgot the dashes.. I don't know!! Just a Pathological guess on my part.. Go figure... Razin.

The C.A.B.E. doesn't seem to have a "Fresh Finds" section like Rat Rod Bikes does, so I'm just going to start a thread here for whatever new projects I acquire.

Okay, I'm not sure how many of you saw my fresh finds from last month's swap meet, but I ended up selling/trading roughly half of what I had acquired from that last haul. Here's what I've parted with from that last haul:

My Manton & Smith-built Nonpareil Bicycle Works girl's bike.View attachment 1430570

Literally the morning after I sold it, the guy who purchased had already fixed it up, got it rolling for his wife, and sent me this picture. That's how I know it went to a good home.
View attachment 1430571

Both Columbia straight bar frames.View attachment 1430572View attachment 1430573

And the bent-up Columbia Springer fork.View attachment 1430574

It's not that I didn't like what I had and wanted to keep it, but there were other bikes I just really wanted more. However, the only way I can justify getting what I want is to sell or trade what I don't want. That, and making some expendable cash at a family garage sale helps. 😉

Here's what I got once I had the funds and space: an AMF-built AMFLITE (AM-flite, or AMF-lite? One sounds cooler, but the other sounds correct.) Falcon, a Schwinn parts bike, and 4 chainrings/crank arms. I saw the AMFLITE Falcon pop up on Craigslist at least a few weeks ago, put up for sale by my contact/friend in Oklahoma City. Dude was cool enough to pull the ad and hold it for me for a week as I sold enough to buy it when I inquired about it. I bought it for $100, didn't even bother haggling for it. I even learned that despite the dry-rotted tires, this bike is a roller as-is! It really just needs new tubes, tires, and a coaster brake service, and it's fully ready to ride!

I ended up trading the Columbia springer fork for the Schwinn, which is kind of funny since I had just planned to buy the fenders off it. The only draw was that the chain guard stayed with my contact. If I sell the rest of my my stuff, I might just buy it off of him later. I doubt I'll keep everything from this bike, but it should come in handy for building my custom Schwinn DX bike, Schwinn Dixie.

Since I didn't spend the rest of my budget on the Schwinn fenders, I also bought 4 chainrings/sprockets/crankarms that caught my eye while I was there. All in all, I think I did alright this time around.View attachment 1430575View attachment 1430576

Hang tight, I've got several more detailed pictures coming in just a moment.
The first two sprockets appear to be either Columbia or Murray muscle bike versions like on my Screamer 20-16 bike i just bought off FEE Bay.

The CABE does not seem to have a "Fresh Finds" section.

Here's what I got once I had the funds and space: an AMF-built AMFLITE (AM-flite, or AMF-lite? One sounds cooler, but the other sounds correct.)
Actually, in the general discussion forum, a new thread is created, on a weekly basis (Sundays), for mostly bicycle items found in the past week. Prior weeks’ finds are then allowed to get buried below all of the new finds.
The projects forum is not intended for merely found items, but more for bicycle projects with a start and a finish, someday(?)(!).

Maybe add some Zerk fittings to the AMF bike, and tell people the the underlined "F" is an "E" and that the bike is one-year-only with "Amelite" grease fittings.

Last edited:
Actually, in the general discussion forum, a new thread is created, on a weekly basis (Sundays), for mostly bicycle items found in the past week. Past weeks finds are then allowed to get buried below all of the new finds.
The projects forum is not intended for merely found items, but more for bicycle projects with a start and a finish, someday(?)(!).
Oooooooooh. I actually forgot about that thread. Well, is it that big of a deal if I unintentionally put this thread in the wrong section? I mean, if there's a way to move the thread to a more appropriate location, that's okay with me, just as long as someone tells me where it should go beforehand. I wasn't really planning on adding this to a thread where everyone posts their finds. I was just copying and pasting my thread from ratrodbikes.com (where they actually have a section called "fresh finds" for just these kind of threads) into what I thought was the most appropriate section here. I was going to place the AMFlite bike into the "Custom Bikes" section once I got started on it.
Maybe add some Zerk fittings to the AMF bike, and tell people the the underlined "F" is an "E" and that the bike is one-year-only with "Amelite" grease fittings.
....Yeah, I don't get it. I may be 3 years into the hobby, but there's still a lot I don't know about bikes. Barely scratched the surface.

I love that AMF Falcon. Double top bar... nice. Im gonna keep my eyes open for one of those.
That Redline Bayonette Crank might be a sleeper. (desirable) Especially if it is a longer stroke. I bought an old hashed GT bayonet 7' stroke crank off Ebay awhile back and after looking through these things, it seems the 80s-90s BMX stuff is gold.

I love that AMF Falcon. Double top bar... nice. Im gonna keep my eyes open for one of those.
That Redline Bayonette Crank might be a sleeper. (desirable) Especially if it is a longer stroke. I bought an old hashed GT bayonet 7' stroke crank off Ebay awhile back and after looking through these things, it seems the 80s-90s BMX stuff is gold.
Thanks! Yeah, that's one of the things that attracted me to the Falcon. Good luck finding one! These bikes apparently don't pop up for sale often. I saw one other version of this bike on Marketplace, but it was... well, it had a number of good ideas for modifications, but every one of those ideas was executed poorly. That, and the seller wanted $800 for it. Still, if you can find an example for a good price, let me know! We could all join a thread for these obscure AMF bikes!

That'd be pretty interesting if that crank/sprocket combo turns out to be a very sought-after piece! I'll leave that piece alone for now, just in case the lettering adds value to it. Longer stroke? Is that the crank arm length, or what?

Thanks! Yeah, that's one of the things that attracted me to the Falcon. Good luck finding one! These bikes apparently don't pop up for sale often. I saw one other version of this bike on Marketplace, but it was... well, it had a number of good ideas for modifications, but every one of those ideas was executed poorly. That, and the seller wanted $800 for it. Still, if you can find an example for a good price, let me know! We could all join a thread for these obscure AMF bikes!

That'd be pretty interesting if that crank/sprocket combo turns out to be a very sought-after piece! I'll leave that piece alone for now, just in case the lettering adds value to it. Longer stroke? Is that the crank arm length, or what?
Yes, the stroke is how long the arms are. Measured from crank centerline to pedal centerline. Most are 6.5" but "modern" one piece cranks sometimes show up as 7" and even little longer. They usually have the length in millimeters cast into the crank between the threads as far as Ive seen. 25mm = 1 inch.
I almost bought a 185mm at the salvage the other day but I really dont need it, just unusual. I like a 7" stroke on my lightweights.

Back