When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bike ID please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
W

wayne brown

I was looking to get some Info on the year and manufacture of this bike I am new to the baloon tire world I am also new to the web so my transmissions might be alittle slow

Attachments

• dcp_0329 (2).jpg
    dcp_0329 (2).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DCP_0331.JPG
    DCP_0331.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 178
Nice Bike

Monarch?....I'm taking a wild guess. Someone will probably know for sure. Like the fact both head and tail lights are there, and what a cool guard on the back!

1948Champion.gif

let me know what you want to know. don't do anything with the bike until you research it out better.:)
Scott:cool:

the tail light is wrong but desirable, the fender ends have been added and are wrong but again desirable with the Monark guys, the rear guards have been added but are a cool accessory though if you decide to restore I'd lose them. the main thing is the headlight, you will never ever see another one they are that hard to find. the light is probably worth more than the rest of the bike, and that's considering that the bike is very desireable. if you ever think of selling or trading let me know.

more questions on1940 huffman

Thanks for all the info everyone I have a few more questions Where are the serial numbers located. If the bike is restored should the accessories be removed. Approx price to restore

In 1948 Huffman changed their frames to the one like yours. the serial number should be on the seat clamp though it may be either on the bottom bracket or the rear dropout. the catalog page I posted is from the 1948 Huffman catalog. it is my opinion that you should consider leaving the bike basically as is with the exception that you might want to replace broken parts with parts in better condition. the rear light is a Delta triple light usually found on Shelby bikes. if you restore, remove it otherwise leave it as it is very cool and is already attached. what are your goals for this bike? a full restoration will run around $1000.00-$1500.00. the bike may barely be worth that when done and is worth nearly as much as it is. the basic bike is not very rare but the fact that it is original with the light is what you will find makes it special. I am selling a bike very similar to yours for $250.00. obviously yours would go for more, however if you removed the light the price would drop to just over the one I have. seriously, carefully clean it and get it running and then see how you feel about it. there was recently a bike posted where the guy was going to restore it and everyone had a fit, this bike is possibly more rare. find the serial and post it and we will get it's exact age down and we can go from there.

Back