When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bike ID please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Red huffman serial #

I have the number it was under the pedels is that the rear drop out or the bottom bracket 8H621725 Is the bike a delux or champion or both Do you know about the gothom airway badge

That's beautiful. I'd clean it gently and carefully, leave everything there, and enjoy it the way it is. To me, a restored bike is certainly nice to look at, but I'm too paranoid and worried about chips to ride them. :rolleyes: I think the suggestion of reading up before attempting any sort of restoration or cleaning is a good one. The incorrect accessories look nice on there. I'd hold onto those unless there is some eminent reason for selling them. Nice find!

The accessories on that bike are from the right period, and really add to the appearence. The fender tips and chrome crash rails are rare items. The grips appear to be the lighted ones. I would say that bike is worth double accessorized as it is, and I would do no more than gently clean and repair it.

your bike I'm going to say is a 1948 Huffman made Champion though that may not be how it was marketed. considering that the headlight probably makes your bike worth over $1000.00 to the right person, I don't agree that the accessories double it's value. they are however very cool and as I said before, if you restore take them off and do a proper restoration, if you decide not to restore keep them on as part of the history of the bike. Huffman sold bikes to many smaller retailers, I've never seen the Gotham badge but it sure is cool. It also makes the bike worth more than if it were a Huffman badge. you have happened into a bike worth more than you bargained for and as such you are stuck with the responsibility of caring for this rare bike. the decisions are yours to make. I am willing to help if I can. ask any questions. maybe you should start a thread in this forum with a more recognizable title, maybe 1948 Gotham Huffman, or something.
Scott:cool:

Back