When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike ID Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldy57

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone ID this bike. It looks like maybe Rollfast.

Late 30's Westfield built but can't make out that badge, looks like he has his fishing pole across his bars.

It's already been nailed by @rustjunkie , and I think the tank graphics/fender tip are the tell tale. What else? The rear carrier legs? The pic is so fuzzy. 1948 Columbia based on my digging. Can you dig it?

Can't dig it @Nashman 39-41 with that tank, postwar 40's used coffin tank.
I'm an armchair quarterback on these things. Thanks for the correction. I looked up some Columbia's in my "Evolution of the Bicycle" ( 1994 Copyright L-W Books) volume #2 and on page #59 ( owned by Gary DeDontney) is a restored "supposed" 1948 Columbia and it's almost exact except for the chainguard and fishing pole.

We all know if it's in print, it's an undisputed factola Ha! This book is rife with errors. Probably a misprint, supposed to say 1941. I mean does Gary know what he has and restored? Maybe not. Ha!

I do see a 1941 on the top of that page ( 1941 Columbia Superb F9T, owned by Chuck Cook) that has the same lines, different graphics, same tank, different light than this pic above. All post war Columbia's have coffin tanks? Is that like 1945-1952? Hmnnnn....Makes sense.

I'm thinking all early 1950's went with the style tank/flat sides toward the back used on the repro Columbia 5 star Superb in 1987. I owned a sweet 1949-50 original junior 20" wheel Columbia ( full horn tank, chrome fenders, rear rack, fender light) back in the 80's and the repop as well I bought in Hershey in that era. My Son rode that junior when he was about 6 or 7 ( in 1998) he's 31 now. Can you dig that?

Rollfast had a fairly basic 5-arm chain ring front sprocket, but the Westfield one pictured has more curves in their design, (more like a 5-holes chain ring front sprocket).

Back