When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike identification?

-

sykerocker

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just got a text from a friend of mine in CA, sending me pictures of a co-workers bike and asking a bunch of questions. Other than identifying it as a Schwinn, and assuming it's older than the '58 Mark IV Jaguar I owned as a child, I'll freely admit I've got no idea of what he's got here (my expertise is '60's and up lightweights). Can anyone give me an identification of the bike? And yeah, I've already warned him that the fork is bent.

Resized952020042495084308.jpg

Resized952020042495084336.jpg

Resized952020042495084354.jpg

Resized952020042895084721.jpg

Most likely a B6 with lots of incorrect parts. Ask him for the serial numbers please, should be under the bottom bracket or on the rear drop out. I have one with the same head badge

Thank you very much. Giving me that opening, plus Google, showed me what the bike is supposed to look like, so now I’ve got a clue as to what I’m looking at. Was that springer front end an option on the basic bike, or was it two separate models under the B6 name?

Thank you very much. Giving me that opening, plus Google, showed me what the bike is supposed to look like, so now I’ve got a clue as to what I’m looking at. Was that springer front end an option on the basic bike, or was it two separate models under the B6 name?
Option

Back