When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIKE RACK on Ebay.....lil pricey? Maybe Bill Gates is bidding.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
......1940s Wald newsboy rack, 900 bucks takes it.......interested?? ;)

I'll have to say no on the deal unless we do a trade??? I have a nice handlebar mounted bell that sounds pretty cool when you ring it... it's a little rusty but it has character.

Last edited:
Well Chi.....thats about how silly this all looks. Some people just have too much money on their hands !

I wonder who the guy with 0 feedback is a person with that kind of money and a collector of old bikes who has never bought on ebay.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Anything's possible, but when something hits (what I've seen to be) a record high pushed by a bidder with 0 feedback and a final bid that looks like they weren't trying to win the thing ($995) but find the other bidders maximum, it makes me curious. As I said, anythings possible...

Oh my god! $1000 dollars in american cash!! *cough cough ack ack gag!

Get me some metal fabricating tools! Lmao!

Hey Chitown, have I got a deal for you......1940s Wald newsboy rack, 900 bucks takes it.......interested?? ;)

Got a better deal? How about a German Folding Bike Rack for $500 or a 1940 CWC Hawthorne rack for $400?

(Yea, I know, keep dreaming)

i've got a milk crate and some bungee cords i'll sell for $600. the crate is from thrifty's, which has ben outta business for 20 years, so it's really rare. the bungee cords are frayed and have an awesome faded green, yellow and red patina.

first time buyers welcome.

All I know is it's absolutely rediculous to part out that bike. I would have payed at least 2k for it. But I guess it's better to be greedy and destroy history. This is the 2nd clean original bike this seller has destroyed. The last was an original green panther in very nice shape. My son is 3 years old and his odds of seeing some of these rare original bikes is diminishing by the second because of guys like this. I personally am trying to save as many as possible but I can't find them all before they get parted out by someone else. I guess what irritates me is the fact that is wasn't even offered for sale complete first before destroying it forever. Money gets spent, if not by you then your kids will spend it. The bike however, could have lived on for future generations in the right hands.

It looked like he got about 3400.00 out of the bike by parting it out. I'm sure I've seen bikes that nice sell for that or more in that kind of original state. I thinking I don't have much respect for a guy that destroys a great piece of history like that. A little effort and I'm sure he could have saved the bike and made the same money. After all, now he has to ship all the parts separate. Big bonehead!

Anytime I see a 0 feedback, I am reminded of many people I have known in the past who have started accounts under friends names, etc., in order to push other bidders. I'm not saying that has happened here, but that IS what it reminds me of. Especially when the stakes get so high.

Back