When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike repair stand question?

-

reverenddrg

Look Ma, No Hands!
Looking to invest in a repair stand. What would the weight of a heavy weight bicycle be? What repair stands can handle the weight? Any help appreciated.

Definitely a Park with the older toggle clamp- haunt craigslist, eBay and Facebook marketplace and one will turn up. For a cheapie, I was VERY impressed by one Aldi Supermarkets sell in the springtime (hey, that's now!). five legs, super stable and about 30.00. I did replace the clamping screw and handle, which made it much better.

For my wallet I got cheap no name stand. Handles my 50lb bikes just fine. Light for transport when I do mobile repairs. Little tray for ez reach is convenient.

I know it's hard to see, but if you look closely, buried in the bikes, you'll see an older Park stand with the dual arm comfortably holding up two heavy ballooners, the black Shelby and Blue Hawthorne. I don't work on bikes much anymore. I keep these two bikes on permanent display in my shop. Notice on the second photo, you can make out a green circular stand. This is cut from a piece of 1/2 inch steel. It's very heavy. I placed the stand on a hunk of carpet and cut the carpet to fit under the steel base. Even with two bikes on the stand, it can easily be slid across the floor. This stand is old and as sturdy as you can get, for a movable stand. I got it from a retired Schwinn dealer for a 150 bucks years ago.

View attachment 1613934
I know it's hard to see, but if you look closely, buried in the bikes, you'll see an older Park stand with the dual arm comfortably holding up two heavy ballooners, the black Shelby and Blue Hawthorne. I don't work on bikes much anymore. I keep these two bikes on permanent display in my shop. Notice on the second photo, you can make out a green circular stand. This is cut from a piece of 1/2 inch steel. It's very heavy. I placed the stand on a hunk of carpet and cut the carpet to fit under the steel base. Even with two bikes on the stand, it can easily be slid across the floor. This stand is old and as sturdy as you can get, for a movable stand. I got it from a retired Schwinn dealer for a 150 bucks years ago.
View attachment 1613938
Wow, great looking shop! Treasure every time you look at it.

Back