When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike repair stand question?

-
I love my Park Tools stand (Park Tool PCS-4-1 Repair Stand with 100-5C Linkage Clamp). It's rated for 100lbs.

I was lucky and found a good deal years ago on CL. Otherwise they aren't cheap.

I too prefer Park products.

But what every you choose, don't make your decision on price alone.

I never heard anyone say, "I wish hadn't bought that works so well!"

Another vote for Park... I scored an older Park PRS 2 double stand with tray, paper towel holder and steel base on CL for $450... Not cheap but a great deal....about $1,200 retail as configured. Holding two 20's Schwinns no problem. Absolutely bulletproof and will outlive me. Also have a portable stand off Amazon which is great for the carbon road bike... Vintage American steel not so much

IMG_4514.jpg

I like the omes from FEEDBACK SPORTS, I've owned one since before they bought the bike tool division from Ultimate Support Systems. They are light, fold down better than the Park stands (which are very good stands), and are more adjustible. The clamp jaw holds with two dihedral jaws which hold quite well. Yes, they hold my heavy vintange bikes without a problem.

German grocery store chain, LIDL, will be selling a bike repair stand, this Saturday 6-18-2022 for forty bucks.
Well, actually $39.99. Saturday 6-18 & Sunday 6-19 ONLY, While Supplies Last

German grocery store chain, LIDL, will be selling a bike repair stand, this Saturday 6-18-2022 for forty bucks.
Well, actually $39.99. Saturday 6-18 & Sunday 6-19 ONLY, While Supplies Last
Wow. I'll have to keep eye out for sale at sister store, Aldi, near me

I was about to start a thread on this topic and was glad to find this one here. I'm looking for a stand that's gonna hold old heavyweights.

One thing that I've heard, as well as saw mentioned above is the duration that a bike is held in these stands. I want to put a heavyweight in this thing and start stripping it down but not have to take the bike out constantly. I want to leave it there until I'm done with the project. I know some stands are considered more "portable" and it's a bad idea to leave a project hanging out for weeks or months at a time. For all you Park fans, will those stands hold a heavyweight (mostly Phantoms right now but I also have an Orange Krate that's heavy as hell) for long duration? Does long duration make a difference to any of the recommendations above? Price-wise, I feel like 500 is probably my limit unless someone just really talks me into something above.

I was about to start a thread on this topic and was glad to find this one here. I'm looking for a stand that's gonna hold old heavyweights.

One thing that I've heard, as well as saw mentioned above is the duration that a bike is held in these stands. I want to put a heavyweight in this thing and start stripping it down but not have to take the bike out constantly. I want to leave it there until I'm done with the project. I know some stands are considered more "portable" and it's a bad idea to leave a project hanging out for weeks or months at a time. For all you Park fans, will those stands hold a heavyweight (mostly Phantoms right now but I also have an Orange Krate that's heavy as hell) for long duration? Does long duration make a difference to any of the recommendations above? Price-wise, I feel like 500 is probably my limit unless someone just really talks me into something above.
Not sure where in IL you are.... Make this guy an offer

Back