When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bike sales

-

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Reminds me of a run on the banks alot of the "BIG" bikes trin to get unloaded,is the high end bike thing petering out? the times are a changing!

IMO the market has never been stronger generally speaking (very strong economy currently) - Of course we have ebbs, flows and trends that have several contributing factors. Like what bikes/brands are popular, new collectors joining the hobby, etc.

the big bikes to upper end collectors are moving,middle class first offerd for sale then offerd for parts,more ppl spending money on electric bikes

the big bikes to upper end collectors are moving,middle class first offerd for sale then offerd for parts,more ppl spending money on electric bikes

Nothing new here... Keep in mind many bikes move privately. *electric bikes have virtually nothing to do with the market of antique bikes IMO

Last edited:
You're probably right that electric bike sales have nothing to do with the vintage bike market, however, putting an electric motor on one of these old dogs makes them a lot of fun to ride.

fullsizeoutput_939.jpeg

they are having an impact on sales,ppl are spending money on bikes they can ride

If you have big name bicycles they will sell. Even some obscure brands are now becoming collectible, like Sears Free Spirit. If the vintage bike trade is to remain active, sellers must hold firm on the prices of the bikes, and not cut prices just to get rid of them. Electric bikes hold no appeal to me. Id rather ride a Moped.

I have said it before and will say it again...

The prices go sky high when taxes and big bills are due and eventually go down. Generally true for most types of sales for auctions and hobbyists.

Back