eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
I just received a newsletter from the Bicycle Shack in Arvada, Co. today saying that they will be closing up shop. I'm really sorry to hear this and maybe some can help them out. Good people and I've dealt with them when they helped me out a couple times over the years packing up and shipping a bike I purchased in that area. Or maybe someone is interested in taking over the business. ;)

f6650905-b2a3-484a-88ae-427f707256fc.jpg
Bicycle Shack Closing Permanently​
After fourteen years of service and sales to customers we have loved to serve, The Bicycle Shack will have to close its doors for good in the coming months. It has been a very hard decision to make, but it’s the right one, as continuing on is just no longer financially sustainable. Lots of variables played into our final decision, but we will have to close permanently.

In effect already, our service department will no longer be accepting any new work on bicycles. We have been booked so far out that you might even get a call from us to come and pick up your bike without any service being done on it (especially if we’re waiting for a part we can’t get). We are deeply sorry we have to do this, but we need to wrap things up and start moving everything out. If you don't hear from us and would still like to pick up your bike that hasn't been worked on yet, please do, and that will help us as well.

Be on the lookout for retail sales, but if you’d like to show your support and give us a leg up on closing on as positive a note as possible, please consider coming in and purchasing what’s left of all of our retail items (including bikes). Every little bit helps, and we would greatly appreciate your patronage at this time.

Other bike shop owners/staff that are interested in tools, fixtures, equipment, etc., feel free to come on in and take a look, but we probably won’t be ready to part with too much right away, as we still have bikes to work on. However, this would be a great opportunity to pick up some bike shop service gear and fixtures for less than cost.

On the off chance that there is an entrepreneur out there that wants to take on a bike shop as an owner, please contact jd@thebicycleshackllc.com , and we can talk.

We are devastated to no longer be your neighborhood bike shop, and we are greatly appreciative of all of the business you've given us over the years.

Sincerely,

Alex, Brian, JD, and Paul​

The Bicycle Shack LLC | 16255 W. 64th Avenue, Unit 13, Arvada, CO 80007

detroitbike

I live for the CABE
2 Local shops here have bit the bullet Because they can;'t get inventory to operate.
Ordering stuff is 6 , 9 up to 12+ months out. No tubes and tires for basic repairs and you're done.
Of course if you're going to close now's the time to go out with as little inventory as possible.
Good luck to them.

bicycle larry

I live for the CABE
2 Local shops here have bit the bullet Because they can;'t get inventory to operate.
Ordering stuff is 6 , 9 up to 12+ months out. No tubes and tires for basic repairs and you're done.
Of course if you're going to close now's the time to go out with as little inventory as possible.
Good luck to them.
WE HAVE THE SAME HERE IN ONTARIO CANADA , BACK ORDERS

SirMike1983

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Our local bike shop closed maybe 10 years ago (I think?) and nothing replaced it. I sometimes wonder if, with the rail trails opening, there would be another one, but so far, no.

GTs58

Our local bike shop closed maybe 10 years ago (I think?) and nothing replaced it. I sometimes wonder if, with the rail trails opening, there would be another one, but so far, no.

It's really a shame that many local bike shops have closed for good over the last decade or so. The long time local Schwinn dealer in Mesa pressed on when Schwinn went under and I believe Trek was their main brand after Schwinn screwed everyone over. I grew up with the owners Son Ken and he and his older Brother took over the shop when their Father passed away. Hard times for both of them and after opening up a new shop in a new location they called it quits after a short time.

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Good luck to them.
I was talking to the owner of a bike shop last Saturday and he said the same thing, it's been hard to get bikes to sell or parts for repairs. He had taken another job to get by and was opening his shop on Saturdays only for a while.

GTs58

Not being able to get product is crippling many businesses and manufacturers today and it's not going to get any better this year. Our manufacture in Great Britain is having a hell of a time getting the metal sheeting to make our product and our last order won't be filled until the end September, if we're lucky. Then the big delays taking at least twice as long for shipping also compounds the problem. One of our largest European dealers in Germany was recently waiting for his last order and then he ran out of stock at the time we just received our stock. He had customers waiting so we air freighted part of his order and then shipped the remaining of the order on the slow boat. Right after his remaining order was shipped out, he turns around the next day and places a new order and this new Toilet Paper Syndrome order would wipe us out of 3 months worth of inventory that we just received! So retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, raw material suppliers and everyone else in this food chain are still crippled today. Metal suppliers are so swamped they are currently not even taking more orders until after the first of the year!