When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike swap/show in Charlotte

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Some great pics Shawn!

Yes, I'll agree, the Hurricane Coaster folks pulled this off. Wow, what a crowd.
It's always good to see that many collectors in one place.

Ditto to the planners of this 2nd annual swap. You guys did a great job!

I was determined to make this event, even though it took two days to get there...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great pictures Shawn. I agree this was great show and put together well, thanks to Don and all who worked so hard. That was the most bikes I've ever seen in one place!

For me it was a great meeting other collectors and cabers, it's always nice to put a face with those I've communicated with but never met, I must say there were no disappointments, to all of the new friends made it was my pleasure.

Thanks for having me, looking forward to more shows, I will be on time for the next one.

Mike

Don is the man!! Kudos to all involved with this fantastic event. The pics are so good, it's the next best thing to actually being there. Really wish I could have been there, maybe next time... Also, Congrads to Shawn on your beautiful Aerocycle taking the win in the show.

Don is the man!! Kudos to all involved with this fantastic event. The pics are so good, it's the next best thing to actually being there. Really wish I could have been there, maybe next time... Also, Congrads to Shawn on your beautiful Aerocycle taking the win in the show.

Thanks Rob,
Originally I thought there might be about 20 bikes but I'm guessing that number was closer to 100! I know when the ladies opened the ballot box to start counting they were initially a bit overwhelmed! This was a peoples choice ballot so no judging. There were four categories: prewar, post war, muscle bike, and custom/rat as well as a best of show. My Aerocycle won prewar and best of show. The best muscle and rat/custom were won by regular Hurricane riders. Scott with his beautifully restored Swing Bike for muscle class and Doug with the most bad azz motorized bicycle I've ever seen for rat/custom. I believe a guy named John won best post war with a really nice original '57 X53. In addition to the cool trophies we all received cash awards as well. Again a big thanks to all who voted, for the ladies who handled the registrations and vote tabulations, to Scott and others who helped, to Joe for hosting, and of course Don for bringing it all together. V/r Shawn

Amazing turnout and a sh*t ton of bikes! Great show! We rode this morning so I have been slacking on pics! Roger Honeycutt won Postwar! Big thanks for everyone who helped, showed, bought and just supported the swap! These people made it what it is! Congrats to the winners of the show! Proves one thing to me, there is a cool bike scene in Charlotte!

On top of what's already been said here, I want to say it again. Superb! Hooray bikes! Hooray people! Seriously, a great promotion that surprised everyone involved. Beyond expectations in every sense. Got to meet some new people, sold some goods, and topped if off with today's Hurricane Coasters ride. Hats off to Tim, Don, Joe and especially the ladies who tallied the votes. Looking forward to next year already!
20170204_104606.jpg
20170204_091959.jpg
20170204_084637.jpg
20170204_124644.jpg

And some ride photos from today.
20170205_095008.jpg

20170205_094508.jpg

20170205_111120.jpg

20170205_111605.jpg

20170205_112358.jpg

Back