When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Trainers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It just clamps down on the bolts or quick release. There is a few companies that make kits to fit different axle types too. Most trainers are set up about the same.
I recommend a mag or fluid trainer, they get great resistance and are not too loud. Wind trainers are more affordable but extremely loud.

Here’s better pics of the clamp.

D1366B36-92AE-4701-96E2-85F4D8186317.jpeg

485F1AB3-2FB6-47D2-83DB-83F1EBF29449.jpeg

Sturmey_Archer_3_speed-371x272.jpg

Should work fine if you're good with unscrewing the chain like mentioned before. Or...just get another bike :)

Here's a Panasonic Villager III 10-speed on a CycleOps trainer in my basement. My wife and I both use it by switching out saddles and seat posts. Note the TV hung from the joists. Since these pics were take, I also added mini toe clips, which tie you in better for sprinting. Have fun!
trainer2.jpg

trainer1.jpg

I've used mine with an SA 3-speed bike. The cups that clamp to the axles have slots in them and they just had to be aligned so that the chain passed through. Lined up just right, I can even shift it (which was useful for tuning the shifting since it's a custom dial shifter).

I've used mine with an SA 3-speed bike. The cups that clamp to the axles have slots in them and they just had to be aligned so that the chain passed through. Lined up just right, I can even shift it (which was useful for tuning the shifting since it's a custom dial shifter).
Can you share what model you have?

Back