When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Tree at Bike Heaven

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MEW1359

Look Ma, No Hands!
Don’t know if this has already been discussed on here. I’m not looking to raise a stink or bust anyone’s chops. Just curious about it, and left there with more questions and curiosity. Maybe just trying to figure it out!? On the sign there it states that the two bikes there are a “1930’s Dayton” and a “1960’s Schwinn.” To me (the owner of a 1921 Dayton Davis bike) it doesn’t look like a Dayton other than the Dayton chainring. To me (NOT a bike expert) the frame, fenders and all else says “not Dayton” but more Rollfast, or Montgomery Ward Hawthorne. As for the Dayton chainring, isn’t that a teens or early 1920’s since Dayton Daily was sold and discontinued by 1924?? Just curious what others think. Also curious as to how/when 2 different bicycles got left in a field laying on top of one another from periods of time 20 years apart. The tree appears to be 10-15 years old. Am I crazy, stupid, or what?

C520CEF2-95C9-44BF-86F3-4D5BDAC080F5.jpeg

239A982D-B70C-4587-9C7D-475F5AC24A3D.jpeg

A3BAF833-10A6-4839-96A3-96647749E1F5.jpeg

F2B7D046-7C80-4646-AD91-2A3A238C3489.jpeg

5585AE78-E392-4E62-B7BC-6AD86DA69D82.jpeg

BC65592A-EFB9-4D4D-BD0D-EF59CDA8AFCD.jpeg

I can't ID the so called Dayton but I do know a little about the owner. You may be correct and the owner just took a wild guess at the make and era of that piece just by looking at the chain ring. The Schwinn has a Wald chain ring so the ring on the Dayton? was probably change out at some point also.

Maybe a CWC rainbow frame with a “Tonday” chain ring sprocket?

I believe that Huffman Dayton rainbow frames might be much less common.

Not sure who took the pictures.

Does not look like a Snyder (rainbow) sports motorbike frame, because the seat stays are curved and relatively skinny.

Also, (as a 1913 Davis & 1995 Huffy owner), I would not associate a rainbow frame balloon tire bike with Davis or the 1920’s.

Last edited:
My mind’s exploding from trying to figure out how the bikes ended up in those positions when you consider most trees grow vertical and it doesn’t appear that either bike has a kickstand or drop stand on them. Were they laying down or propped up against a barn or tractor etc…?? Something so silly and meaningless is causing me so much stress. I really need to get a life away from bikes. lol

Back