When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes: A way of life.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The 1st picture looks more like something else is a way that may be imposed. I guess I could choose to ride a bike with a big lock to the light rail station, then wait for a train to former South Central, and wait (by the deputies) for my bus to get to work; but call me lazy, because I would rather sleep-in, and drive to work in a whole 18 minutes; and I am just as lazy in coming home before dark.
The middle pictures look like a tough way to make a living; and may reflect the U.S. - maybe 100 years ago or so.
The picture of bikes on bike trucks, I am still trying to comprehend; UPS thing looks like a novelty - just for photographs.

I dont think this thread was meant to be "This is the way we should do it", just observations on the how the people in the other parts world do it.
Anyway...
The bike and ride thing definitely is not practical for you, money and time wise and probably as well as for your personal safety.
the middle picture does reflect a tough way to make a living, but they do it.
And I guess @Greg Kozak covered the UPS thing.

Back