When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bikes at Wheels Thru TIme Motorcycle Museum, Maggie Valley, NC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Groundhog

Look Ma, No Hands!
After a weekend cruising Rte 129/ The Dragon, Deal's Gap, NC, some of our Volkswagen folks went over to Maggie Valley to check out the Wheels Thru Time museum- found a number of bikes tucked in here and there:

Here are the rest of the motorcycles and cars- http://www.flickr.com/photos/10968031@N02/sets/72157633437071930/

Attachments

• IMG_9706.jpg
    IMG_9706.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9707.jpg
    IMG_9707.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9708.jpg
    IMG_9708.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9621.jpg
    IMG_9621.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9622.jpg
    IMG_9622.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9623.jpg
    IMG_9623.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9624.jpg
    IMG_9624.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9598.jpg
    IMG_9598.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It's a wonderful museum- they work to make sure every motorcycle is in running shape- real lovers of original patinas

Attachments

• IMG_9538.jpg
    IMG_9538.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9539.jpg
    IMG_9539.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9470.jpg
    IMG_9470.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the link to your other photos too. That looked like a full day of fun!!! Love that old steel.

Wttm

Hey guys, if you see anything at Wheels Through Time you'd like more pictures of or more info on, I go over there a couple times a year (I'm a Lifetime Charter member). I can get pics of anything you need and all the info that Dale Walksler (owner/curator) has on it.

could you get some pictures of the Traub and the dayton motor wheel?

Thanks Nick.

Hey guys, if you see anything at Wheels Through Time you'd like more pictures of or more info on, I go over there a couple times a year (I'm a Lifetime Charter member). I can get pics of anything you need and all the info that Dale Walksler (owner/curator) has on it.

Traub & Dayton MW

Thanks Nick.

Sure, Nick. I'll do that next time I'm over there. I might already have some Traub shots. We ran an article on that in one of my magazines a few years ago but the pics may be on slide film.

Once when I was there, Dale fired up the Traub and decided he didn't like the way it was running so we took it back in the shop and he disassembled the motor to rebuild it. The inside of that motor is as nicely finished as the outside!

Thanks Nick.

I may have some pics of the Traub as well. I had Dale start it for me. As I posted before regarding this museum it is my favorite in the whole world and I've been to a few! Dale maintains each bike in working order and isn't afraid to fire them up or ride them. Dale is a walking encyclopedia on the subject of American motorcycles. This is a for sure bucket list item. V/r Shawn

Yep

I may have some pics of the Traub as well. I had Dale start it for me. As I posted before regarding this museum it is my favorite in the whole world and I've been to a few! Dale maintains each bike in working order and isn't afraid to fire them up or ride them. Dale is a walking encyclopedia on the subject of American motorcycles. This is a for sure bucket list item. V/r Shawn

Yep. what Shawn said is right. The nickname of the museum is "The Museum That Runs." The first time I was there, he fired up his 1931 V16 Cadillac coupe and took me for a tour of the town... in the rain. Dale and his son Matt have done record runs with the bikes at race tracks and Dale has done the Cannonball Run several times.

Back