When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes & Buses (and Cool Old Cars With Bikes)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
ok, I'm going to surprise some of you. long ago and far away, this used to be my bike hauler.

P1000686_zpsaaxqfonz.jpg

nowadays, you'll find me in more roomy accommodations...

IMG_5714sm_zpsbemfdphk.jpg

That's neat history. ( Your Mom had Marge Simpson hair? all due respect..) My Late Father in Law owned a British Car Dealership here in Winnipeg in the early 70's, and my Bro in laws had one of these. Of course she gave theirs away, so we had to find/buy our own as Adults. I owned this for about 15 years/late 90's til 2010 or so. Austin J40 pedal car. Same sheet metal as the real full size cars!

View attachment 411032

View attachment 411034

View attachment 411035

View attachment 411036
Not quite as tall as Marge, but almost!
Nice J40, I can remember (just) having a few rides in one as a kid.
The Morris factory I mentioned earlier is now used by BMW to produce the "Mini".

ok, I'm going to surprise some of you. long ago and far away, this used to be my bike hauler.

P1000686_zpsaaxqfonz.jpg

P1000686_zpsaaxqfonz.jpg

I dunno....the rear vented back window on the old hauler has me stumped, even looks a bit "sporty"...but the tailights and bumper almost look AMC 70's Gremlin or something? The cool bike obscures any more tips. The new hauler just looks new and roomy and I couldn't afford one wheel.

Not quite as tall as Marge, but almost!
Nice J40, I can remember (just) having a few rides in one as a kid.
The Morris factory I mentioned earlier is now used by BMW to produce the "Mini".
Great tidbit of History for sure. Thanks! I remember the original mini's and a girlfriend in High school in the early 70's had an older mini- wagon ( I think it was a wagon..LONG time ago....) and that was a blast to drive! New ones look cool too.

MOTOR.JPG

Well...that was a swing and a miss for me. They are "sporty", in fact a pretty hot car ( also remember the 240's) the Datsun 280Z. I learned to drive in a 1969 Datsun 510 sedan 4 spd stick. Even wrote it off/wrecked for my Mom ( not my fault...but still) Not the same league, but a Datsun.

Back