When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes & Buses (and Cool Old Cars With Bikes)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's the date and story here. Front bike is late 40's early 50's Schwinn? but a sub in the street in Oakland?
JAP SUBMARINE DRAWS LARGE CROWDS: Curbs and sidewalks along the parade route were well crowded Saturday afternoon as thousands of Ann Arborites turned out for a firsthand glimpse of the two-man Japanese submarine captured at Pearl Harbor. A lot of youngsters, afoot and on bicycles, followed the sub along its route. The sub visited Ann Arbor on its nationwide War Bond tour, being stationed opposite the courthouse for display purposes after the parade. Although originally scheduled to leave for Adrian at 10 o'clock, it stayed over night, leaving yesterday morning. For the parade the submarine was tilted somewhat on its side, as shown in the above picture, so as to provide clearance for the conning tower under wires. Picture was taken in July 1943.
https://aadl.org/aa_news_19430719_p12-jap_submarine_draws_large_crowds
IMG_0589.JPG

I guess you still can't edit title, wanted to say other cool old cars with your bikes, I have hauled alot of bikes in my 66 Double slider door panel, sure makes it easy to load, lets see your bike haulers!View attachment 281982View attachment 281983View attachment 281984
Man that is one cool old bike hauler. I saw one of these double door type 2's on the pickers last nite that sat in a guy's shed for 10+ years and sold for $10,000.oo with no motor or trans. So how many bikes can you haul? Ride ON. Razin.

The Mustang debut was 1964. I can't tell from the photo if that is a first year model. Across the street is a 1960 Chevy (I think), so I would say 1964 or 1965.
A 1959 ford and a 62 ford in front of the mustang. The shuvie is a 61. I do believe the mustang is a 641/2 or early 65. Good call. Razin.

Back