When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes & Buses (and Cool Old Cars With Bikes)

-
Even smaller than you know. SO DID MY GRANDFATHER. Same grandfather contributed $25 for my fist full sized bike. With that money my dad bought a used 1954 green Schwinn Traveler 3 speed. In kinda tatty shape. He fixed the front hub, BB, head bearings, adjusted the brakes. (new to him, he'd only had coaster brakes before). Dad fussed over those expensive S-6 tires. That was 1959. Grandpa and Dad are gone. I still have the Schwinn Traveler. Pretty good investment.
20181222_003628 (1).jpg

Here's mine. It's a 1956 model year, built in late 1955. I bought it 20 years ago; finally gettin round tuit.Missing its original 36 hp motor, I'm going crazy and putting in a 40hp. Maybe I'll be able to break the 50mph barrier? Stock was 48mph. I'm gonna try to put on a covered wagon type canvas for proper bicycle hauling.

View attachment 1020329

Here's mine. It's a 1956 model year, built in late 1955. I bought it 20 years ago; finally gettin round tuit.Missing its original 36 hp motor, I'm going crazy and putting in a 40hp. Maybe I'll be able to break the 50mph barrier? Stock was 48mph. I'm gonna try to put on a covered wagon type canvas for proper bicycle hauling.
Iv'e heard of guys putting in 1600 motors in these type 2's. Probably big money though. The covered wagon canvas top would look really cool. Lets see some pics when its done. Ride On. Razin.

The Great Race 2019 started in Riverside, California 8 days ago. It finishes today in Tacoma, Washington. Last Tuesday the drivers stopped in Eureka. The cars were wonderful. My camera ran out of film, so I only got a few pics.
IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2938.JPG

The Mustang debut was 1964. I can't tell from the photo if that is a first year model. Across the street is a 1960 Chevy (I think), so I would say 1964 or 1965.
Across the street: 1961 Chevy Bel Aire, 1959 Ford Galaxy 500 . In front of the Mustang is a 1962 Ford Galaxy .

Back