When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK FRIDAY! Let's see your black bikes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Black is good any day of the week...

20191201_155940.jpg

Good post Mike

Last edited:
This might be the BLACKEST black bike?
A couple of years back I restored a 'clone' of a fabled and actual bicycle residing in a distinguished collection in Chicago....
A 1941 Schwinn BA607 all black bicycle with gold 'box' pinstriping everywhere (like a Paramount etc),
front and rear expander drum brakes, and unusual circular "All American" head badge.
After a couple of trips to visit the actual bicycle and dozens of photographs taken from
all angles to document and replicate the original, the work began.
The complete and full restoration began on a 1941 Schwinn cantilever bike using the extensive image file as a guide
for local pin striping master Tom Clark to follow at the final stage. Lobdell rims, Pat Pending hubs, deep pan
Mesinger Deluxe saddle etc etc.
The result? A true as possible clone of this legendary bicycle that was perhaps originally some
sort of award bicycle for a Schwinn executive? No one really knows.. but as far as we do
know the original is one of a kind.
Now with it's Blackie clone...in the careful watchful hands of new owner and a fellow So Cal Cabe Member.

Paint
it
BLACK----- M, Jagger/ K Richards 1966

Below are a few closeups of the original Black 41' where it currently resides...

A couple of years back I restored a 'clone' of a fabled and actual bicycle residing in a distinguished collection in Chicago....
A 1941 Schwinn BA607 all black bicycle with gold 'box' pinstriping everywhere (like a Paramount etc),
front and rear expander drum brakes, and unusual circular "All American" head badge.
After a couple of trips to visit the actual bicycle and dozens of photographs taken from
The complete and full restoration began on a 1941 Schwinn cantilever bike using the extensive image file as a guide
for local pin striping master Tom Clark to follow at the final stage. Lobdell rims, Pat Pending hubs, deep pan
The result? A true as possible clone of this legendary bicycle that was perhaps originally some
sort of award bicycle for a Schwinn executive? No one really knows.. but as far as we do
Now with it's Blackie clone...in the careful watchful hands of new owner and a fellow So Cal Cabe Member.

Paint
it

View attachment 1104740

View attachment 1104741

View attachment 1104742

View attachment 1104743

View attachment 1104744

View attachment 1104745

View attachment 1104746

Below are a few closeups of the original Black 41' where it currently resides...

View attachment 1104747

View attachment 1104748

View attachment 1104749
Hey Bob,
Happy Holidays. I was at Toms when your black/gold was getting striped. By chance a couple weeks later I ran across this whizzer prototype model D brochure from my Dads Collection. Base bike in the ad was painted in the same color combo. Thought maybe Schwinn used the color combo for promotions, etc. Sorry pics aren’t better.

Hey Bob,
Happy Holidays. I was at Toms when your black/gold was getting striped. By chance a couple weeks later I ran across this whizzer prototype model D brochure from my Dads Collection. Base bike in the ad was painted in the same color combo. Thought maybe Schwinn used the color combo for promotions, etc. Sorry pics aren’t better.
View attachment 1104750

Makes perfect sense! 41' was a new model for the year... Maybe an early Preview of the 41 in late 1940? Still had the earlier guard on board...
make a sneak preview display model?

View attachment 1104751

View attachment 1104752

View attachment 1104753

View attachment 1104754

Paint
it

View attachment 1104740

View attachment 1104741

View attachment 1104742

View attachment 1104743

View attachment 1104744

View attachment 1104745

View attachment 1104746

View attachment 1104747

View attachment 1104748

View attachment 1104749

Beautiful work!

Back