When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Hawk lamp Experts and poll

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

What lamp did the Elgin Black Hawk really come with??

• deeper switched "rollfast" style lamp with brow, no script

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, state style in post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
What lamp did the Elgin Black Hawk really come with??
Most pics I've seen show the shallow chrome t-cup and Elgin script, but have seen deeper switched t-cup w/brow with no script and non brow.
Not sure if we can go by the catalog images??

Last edited:
This one.

IMG_20190710_182235899.jpg

IMG_20190710_182238695.jpg

IMG_20190710_182242837.jpg

IMG_20190710_182245783.jpg

IMG_20190710_182233105.jpg

To me it gets confusing. In the thread Blackhawk/Falcon by @Indian401 last month kccomet posted a pic of a Falcon showing the flatter headlight with the Elgin script. The bike looks all original. Also further into the thread there are pics of a Sears catalog from that time showing Blackhawk with the same flatter Elgin script headlight and the headlight @catfish posted on the Falcon. You seem to see that headlight mostly on Blackhawks. Do you think it may be possible they used what they had sitting there or was the script headlight on earlier in the year bikes or the other way around? Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
That would be the roll fast esque no script correct? Number three?
Does it have any specific name for that style of light? Was this used on the first year? 34? The problem with these bikes is that while we see what the catalogues show, we don't see what actually went out the door in the early stages. I have a rather early falcon that was definitely not the same deluxe that we see in photos. Standard moto stem. Along with ordinary bars. No crossbars. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this had NEVER been tampered with. It was nearly impossible to even remove. Just a thought.
Few years back arriving home from ML.
18194597_1496167030413903_9055306315583704603_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t tell. Why would the lamp itself have a switch when the bracket has a switch? Different years?

View attachment 1031383

I had thought the same thing when I was piecing the bike together. I wonder if the switched bracket was a very early design. The last one I saw was here somewhere, I think Santi @Rust_Trader had it all. They are not exactly laying around all over the place. The wiring to me looked very confusing also when I saw it. Don't know, just throwing that out there.

Back