When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black or Cream tire color poll

-

Black or Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you plan on riding on a regular basis with the cream.
You will have no problem in making them ugly fast.
In fact, the part of the tire that touches the ground will become so dark,
they will look like cream white walls.
View attachment 858420
( 26 x 3.45 ) 3G Fat tires.
I removed all the lettering on the side of the tire which I prefer.

That looks good to me. How did you remove the lettering?

That looks good to me. How did you remove the lettering?

I knew that any kind of sanding no matter how super fine the sandpaper...
would still leave some marks or scratches no matter how careful I was.

I used liquid Chemical stripper.
I had some " Aircraft paint remover” which I bought at Lowe’s for other bike projects to remove paint.
Using a small paint brush I applied the chemical in very tiny amounts and with old cotton Terry cloth
I immediately wiped it off as soon as the lettering started to dissolve. It's important to wipe once and
keep using a clean part of the cotton cloth otherwise the paint will get muddy on the tire.
Immediately I used soap and water to prevent the chemical from further eating away at the rubber.
Next I applied a dab of vaseline on the area that had been treated with the stripper. Later I rubbed
it off.
I did this procedure until one side was clean and again, I used soap and water to further remove any
chemical. I did this in an open area with goggles, gloves and took a break before continuing on
the other side.
After I finished, the tires were clean of any marks, lettering or scratches.

It's been several years and the tires have not shown any damage from having used this method.

Cream totally on all 28" wheel bikes. Black on 28" looks like hammered dog doo on a wing tip shoe.

I knew that any kind of sanding no matter how super fine the sandpaper...
would still leave some marks or scratches no matter how careful I was.

I used liquid Chemical stripper.
I had some " Aircraft paint remover” which I bought at Lowe’s for other bike projects to remove paint.
Using a small paint brush I applied the chemical in very tiny amounts and with old cotton Terry cloth
I immediately wiped it off as soon as the lettering started to dissolve. It's important to wipe once and
keep using a clean part of the cotton cloth otherwise the paint will get muddy on the tire.
Immediately I used soap and water to prevent the chemical from further eating away at the rubber.
Next I applied a dab of vaseline on the area that had been treated with the stripper. Later I rubbed
it off.
I did this procedure until one side was clean and again, I used soap and water to further remove any
chemical. I did this in an open area with goggles, gloves and took a break before continuing on
the other side.
After I finished, the tires were clean of any marks, lettering or scratches.

It's been several years and the tires have not shown any damage from having used this method.
THanks!

Back