When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black out model D question.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
1st, did the black out ND model D hub have a black dust cap on the brake side?
2nd, did the black out ND model D hub ever come with the early short brake arm in black and if yes to either, does anyone have any? Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Ya'll fixin up a war time New World or Cycle Truck?

Maybe @Arfsaidthebee can answer your questions. He has a few war time pieces.

1601252114288.png

1601252318826.png

1st, did the black out ND model D hub have a black dust cap on the brake side?
2nd, did the black out ND model D hub ever come with the early short brake arm in black and if yes to either, does anyone have any? Thanks in advance for your assistance!!
Yes, they came with black dust caps. I think they all had the later style big brake arm.

New Departure "D"s apparently aren't dated, however there are these threads, and probably others. The rabbit hole begins here....

The third type being 40-41, and also being used postwar would suggest that most if not all blcakouts are the third type.

My 41 Schwinn straightbar has a hub that is all blackout except the shell. I'm not sure how that happened, but I am fairly sure it doesn't belong. It has the third type arm. The arm, dust cover, and sprocket retaining nut are black. The bike has a 40 serial number, so it would be a real stretch to make it a 42. I just relaced the wheel and put that hub back in, so I guess it stays now.

Back