When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Phantom cable legth?

-

doccaligrns

'Lil Knee Scuffer
i bought a Sturmey archer 3 speed for my black phantom and was wondering if anyone knew what length shifter cable to get. ive seen cables from 48 to 58 and dont want to waste money getting the wrong size. thanks

How are you going to route the cable? Are you going to modify your tank and run the cable thru it or maybe run it down the down tube like they did on the girls bikes? The universal cut to length cable might be an option for a custom routing.

Here's the 62 parts page for shifters, cables and hardware. Three sizes and I know the girls takes one a lot shorter. 17" is the sheathed section. I believe the Jaguar 3 speeds, with tank, had the 52" pre-assembled cable.

1540870882634.png

i was going to route it by the down tube, through the tank would be cleaner but i don't want anything to rub the tank or any issues with that. thanks for the picture of the parts sheet.

i was going to route it by the down tube, through the tank would be cleaner but i don't want anything to rub the tank or any issues with that. thanks for the picture of the parts sheet.
Tape a length of rope the route you want and measure that.

If you run the cable thru the tank like the Jaguar you will have to cut/modify your tank. The Jag also had the rear brake cable thru the tank.

1540960878072.png

1540960955043.png

Back