When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Phantom...original? I don't know...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
A guy is selling this as an original, but the tank decal is wrong for anything but a 1959 model...but then the chain guard decal is wrong for a 1959. He said that the letter in the Serial number is "D" which I think makes it a 1952. I'm totally confused.

What do you experts think?

00000_kkwZf62XuoE_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_dDyk1quKeJH_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Looks like the left half of the tank is not original to the bike...as you noted has the '59 decal. Everything else seems to be legit except for the recovered seat.

Looks like the left half of the tank is not original to the bike...as you noted has the '59 decal. Everything else seems to be legit except for the recovered seat.

Thank you! In the real world, what would be a fair price for this?

He said "$900 is as low as I would go" the other day. I said "thank you very much anyway". And thank you for opinion and summation of the bike.

At least I know it's almost all real. Now if he would just come down to $600... :rolleyes:

Back